Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO from Mac OS X Firefox to SAP NetWeaver Portal with Kerberos

christian_gnther3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

the title pretty much says it.

Has anyone ever tried to establish a SSO via Kerberos from a Mac (Mac OS X 10.4) to an SAP NetWeaver Portal (7.01) with MS Active Directory as user store for portal and Kerberos Ticket issuing system?

The Macs already authenticate against and are part of the MS Active Directory Domain.

Anyone? Huh?

Any, and I mean ANY, help is highly appreciated,

Christian

4 REPLIES 4

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

If you are using the SAP supplied SPNEGO login module, I think you will find this is only supported with IE browser on Windows workstations. This login module is coded to accept/recognise the GSS/SPNEGO mechanism OID which is sent by IE when SSPI interface is used. If Firefox is used the OID is different, and it is also different if GSS-API is used (as required on Mac) instead of SSPI provided for IWA.

I know that a third party product will work with Mac and with Firefox, so you can consider that. Otherwise you would have to write your own login module which supports the correct standards.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

thank you for very much your quick answer. It was indeed quite helpful, although of course not exactly the type of answer I was hoping for

Anyway, very helpful and did shed some light on this topic.

So, could you possibly provide some more informationen on those 3rd party login molduls?

Greetings,

Christian

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> So, could you possibly provide some more informationen on those 3rd party login molduls?

Check https://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/trustbrokeradapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Will SAP NW SSO provide this now or still we need to use third party tools for this.

Thanks&Regards

Ravindra Tanguturi