cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No G/L account could be determined for shipment costs item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear consultants ,

Would you please help me out in calculating the shipment costs , iam facing the following error

" No G/L account could be determined for shipment costs item " If you can provide me the document on pricing for calculating the shipment costs it will be very useful to me

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

In setting our shipping cost configuration, I too encountered this error.

Having read the other notes on SCN, I was unable to resolve the issue.

I worked through the VI01 document, selecting the 'Display item details', and then the 'Account assignment', and here was the missing clue.  The document is looking for account modifier VBR, with a valuation class/valuation group code combination.

At first, I created the required account determination in OBYC, however I looked further and found the configuration point that determined the valuation class.  What causes the issue is the valuation class associated with the shipment cost type and item category  (Transaction T_56, IMG:  Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipment Costs > Shipment Cost Document > Shipment Cost Types and Item Categories).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do the below setting(OBYC) for G/L accounts determination in shipment cost document.

From the Transaction “GBB” and combination of General Modification key “VBR” and valuation class the G/L account is determined for the posting to the freight accounts.

From the Transaction “WRX” and value of valuation class as the G/L account is picked for GR/IR accounts.

Account assignment entries in Shipment cost document

For price calculation maintain the condition record using TK11.

For your more information find link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d5/2285347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Also, the GL account determination is part of the configuration under

Logistics Execution/Transportation/Shipment Costs/Settlement

Review your configuation on the Shipment Cost Document/Shipment cost types and item categories. In particular the item category configuration regarding the GL determination