cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating a segmnt in IDOC while mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I 'm working on a scenario FIle to IDOC(customized).

I need to duplicate a segment in IDOC while mapping and then map to some fields in source. Is this possible ?

I tried to do that but it's giving error in mapping and skipping the mapping of duplicated nodes.

Please help.

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vikas

you can adopt one of these options depending upon which will work u

'1) first try with assigning blank constant to the top field BEGIN and SEGMENT

after that u can duplicate any segment and assign mapping once u will save then this time ur mapping to duplicate field will not disappear

2) if u are replicating one field whose occurence is one then u can use node function USEONEASMANY

whatever i could understood ur requirement ur case is 1) one ,whenever u duplicate any segment and map to some field in source after saving this duplicatw ill disapear coz u have not mapped BEGIN and SEGMENT mandatory field . If you dont have any vale for thes function then you map to constant whose value is blank.

let me know if u are successful

Thanks

sandeep

Edited by: s. sharma on Jun 25, 2009 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to get dublicated segment and there values in the target structure in MM Test tab..where as original node values are populating

I mapped dublicated segment node with constant and mapped target field wiht source field.. this segment occurance is 1..1

IDOC

..E1EDK

..Seg1

....F1

....F2

..E1EDK2----1...1

....SEGMENT--Required

.....Field1----0..1

I dublicated E1EDK1 node and mapped as mentioned above: any idea?

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do u mean by duplicate segment?

u mean occurance of segment?

if u r talking abt occurance of segment then u need to do put proper condition in mapping which will create multiple segments as per ur requirement.

and if u really need to duplicate segment then right click on segment and choose "duplicate segment"

and do mapping for tht also. u will get duplicate segment in test.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not get it.

Please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well hope u r IDOC Structure is target

id u want to duplicate Segement ex: IDOCSALES

Right click on the node in the mapping , duplicate that

now it looks IDOCSALES (Node1)

IDOCSALES1 (Node2)

From Source elements create a condition to create target node

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

S u can duplicate node which u want to add , but u need to give the condition at which it has to get created to the node.

Srini