cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to import an XML using basic map SAP has provided ATRMAS4_03, I get an error "Cannot import qualifiers because lookup table field is not mapped" and Import fails.

Also I am using the latest version of MDM

Has any one has faced a similar problem please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Paste the XML content here. Atleast for 2 records. I will try and let u know

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subbu, How do I remove that Matrix type associated to that record, the record is disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Master record you will have value for Matrix type. Just don't populate that field. If it is already populated. Try to update that value to null.

Then try the delete.

Paste the XML content here which you imported into Article repository. I can help you out.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to using the basic ARTMAS04.XSD and generated a dummy XML out of it, and then try to use the SAP ATRMAS04 map .Please try using this. This is what I am doing. The XML might be pretty big to paste . If I have any other means of sending you the XML(by email) let me know I can send it ..

Also I tried un mapping the MAtrix type , no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Look in my Business card. Email me I will take a look at it.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it necessary to map all the fields in the qualified lookup table to the source values during field mapping in Import Manager.

As per my understanding I am thinking its not necessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you. Its not necessary.

If you map the fields to a lookup field in a qualified table. Its necessary to map the values also.

Did you able to delete or not. I did not get any email regarding the XML file.

Thanks and regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its the record type that was mapped which is not required. I did send you an email on this. Also now I am unable to delete those junk records manually, I think we can delete it at the database, is there any way .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can delete at the database level but in the database. But the problem is Its hard to find out where this record is stored and there might references in other tables.

Till now I haven't received the email. I will wait for the email and see.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resent it again .

Also yes that is very hard to find out which table it refers to at the database side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It was unable to delete, because the Record type is mapped to Variant. What I found is if the record type is "Ordinary" then only the delete option in the data manager is enabled. It is disabled for "Master" and "Variant".

This soloution will work to remove the junk data which you imported.

1. You said u loaded some records initially, open the source file which you initially used to load the data.

2. Now unmap the MATERIAL<Clone> field, which is mapped to the [Remote Key].

Note:If somefield is mapped to [Remote Key] , import action with "Replace" will fail.

3.Unmap the MATL_CAT<Clone> field, which is mapped to "Record Type".

4.In the Match Records tab "Refresh Record Matching".

Then you see "n of n" with "Single" Match Class and Match Type is "Exact". Now select the import action as "Replace" and then import.

Now open the Datamanager and try to delete, It should work.

Best of luck

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!! It works !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are trying to import qualified lookup data. This is a many to many link between an import file and MDM repository. You need to correctly map nodes from XSD to the Qualified table items. Please refer to my article on this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/792f57b7-0a01-0010-f3b6-881...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This covers syndication, but the logic for importing is just the reverse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, I will try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get a master record created where I cannot even delete that record in the Data Manager. Something to do with Matrix Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check in the Master record, what is the material type it has. Remove the matrix type associated with the master record and try delete. Lets see what happens.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu