SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Payment Media

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody please guide me about:

How can we Configure Payment Media? While running FPY1, in the job log it says u201Cno payment media were scheduledu201D. Please guide me.

Thanks and Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

Did you enter the "Payment Methods" field in the FPY1 t-code. Payment Method describes the method of payment.

Once you enter the field, the error will be resolved.

You can configure the Payment Method in

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Business Transactions -> Payments -> Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation -> Define Payment Methods

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Bisht on Jun 25, 2009 1:56 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

As you suggest i have already completed that thing.

when i run FPY1 it give the error regarding Payment Media not the Payment Method.

Error is as below

Date Time Message

25.06.2009 17:16:50 Job started

25.06.2009 17:16:51 Step 001 started (program RFKK_MASS_ACT_SINGLE_JOB,

25.06.2009 17:16:51 Payment media were not scheduled (no variants found)

25.06.2009 17:16:51 Job finished

So pls tell me about Payment Media.

0 Kudos

You need to create a variant in FPY1. Go to the Environment dropdown payment medium. from there go to the variant drop down. Create a variant. Specify the payment medium format, save the variant, and put this variant name into the fpy1 parameters.

Also, directory for output file, etc. go into this payment medium variant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

You create payment media if:

· You want to transfer the data required for electronic payment transactions with banks in the form of a data medium

· You want to issue checks

In Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable, you create payment media in the payment program

See SAP note 533686 for the settings in the note to payee.

1. In the payment run transaction, choose Environment -> Payment Media.

2. In the corresponding fields, define a variant for each of the payment media to be created or for the payment list. Use the input help.

3. Save your entries.

To create your own variant for creating payment media, proceed as follows:

1. In the field Payment Medium Variant, enter the name of the variant that you wish to create.

2. Place the cursor on the variant name and choose Variant -> Maintain Variant.

3. Maintain the settings for screen assignment and choose Continue.

4. On the subsequent screen, define the required payment medium format.

5. In the Print Control area, set the indicator Data Medium Exchange to maintain the print parameters for the accompanying sheet, and the indicator Error Log to maintain the print parameters for the error log.

6. In the Output Control area, you can define the following settings:

¡ File Name: Name of the DME file if you output this in a file system of the application server. However, this output only takes place if you have set the indicator Output in File System.

ii Form Accompanying Sheet DME: Here you can define a different SAPscript form for the payment media format to the one defined in the system settings if you want to create an accompanying sheet for a DME file (see the Implementation Guide for Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable, Business Transactions ® Payments ® Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation ® Define Specifications for Paying Company Code (Payment Media Formats in Company Code)).

iii You can also define the use of the ISO code for currencies.

iv If you set the indicator Texts in Recipient Language, the information forwarded to the bank for the customer account statement is output in the language defined in the business partner master record.

7. Choose the button Attribute and enter the required meaning.

8. Save your entries.

In event 0699, you can start your own program/workflows or output additional logs once you have created the payment media. This event is processed once all payment media jobs started have been completed.

Using report RFKKPAYMJOBC you can get a current overview of the status of the payment media jobs and display job logs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Bisht on Jun 26, 2009 8:35 AM

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

I request you to please keep on sending your replies please.

Because of questions limitation, i have to close this question.

Thanks and Regards