cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change product category in local SRM contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Can anybody tell me when I change the product category in the product master in commpr01 (or material master in ECC) how to move forward in local SRM contracts? Because I would like to see that change also being done in the local SRM contract.

The reason the contract is not updated automatically is probably because SAP sees the contract as transactional data. This means I need to change the product category manually in the contract. And the only way we think it is possible is by setting the old item in the contract to inactive and add the product as a new item again, so the new product category is taken from the product master. But when I set the old product category item to inactive, the system gives an error, saying the material has a different product category?!

Any experience in this area or other ways to get the product category changed in the local contract?

Kind regards,

Marius Hartman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no other way then adding the item new to the contract so the new product category is retrieved from the material/product master.

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are maintaining local contracts in SRM system, then it will have no relation to your backend change of material group etc. Whatever changes you do, you need to manually maintain in SRM system.

In your case, you can use xls upload facility to directly change your prodt. category instead of setting the item as Inactive. First you have to download contract in xls, then update the category and again upload the contract back. Set the change flag as 'U' in your xls. To know more about upload/download, check this note:

Note 734060 - SRM: Upload and download of documents using MS Excel

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the info.

I tested it but get the error "Product category 03010004 does not correspond to product and will be ignored". Although I changed the product category in ECC and it is reflected in COMMPR01 in SRM.

Kind regards,

Marius Hartman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I will suggest a work around.

Try changing the Contract Material Group from the GUI (SRM Backend).

Transaction BBP_CTR_MAIN. It might work!

Cheers,

Akash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To bad Akash.

The field stays grey when using BBP_CTR_MAIN in back-end and not possible to change.

Kind regards,

Marius Hartman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hard luck!

Did you try to add this pdt as a new line item & then trying to delete the earlier one...

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know exactly what you mean with pdt.

But what currently does work is setting the old item to inactive (since your not able to delete an item from the contract) and add it as a new item (don't use copy because it will also copy the old product group) then it works. The only thing is that this causes a lot of handling for the client. So I was seeking for an easier way.

Kind regards,

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Try using the BBP_CTR_MASS or just the MASS tranaction.

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That doesn't work, see previous answer.

Kind regards,

Marius