Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To introduce Page Break in PDF Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have to customise Expense(PDF) form.

Requirement is to add a PageBreak at a specific place in the Form.

How to proceed for that ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

1. Select the page from hierarchy tab.

2.Go to Palatte Menu, select the object tab.

3. Check the Allow Page Breaks within Content

By

Parthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Fields are already in a Body Page. I want to have a page break i.e insert another Body page from particular field onwards. Do i need to remove the existing fields from body page and put them in another body page ?

Or there is some other setting or scripting which would insert a page break from the start of particular field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you just need a plain page break after a certain field, the easiest thing to do is create another page and put the rest of your fields on it.

It keeps things better organized and easier to understand.

However, if you really wanted to get fancy, you could, in javascript(maybe even formcalc), code a page break when your field changes from empty to populated - I don't have the code handy for that, but I found it easily on google when I needed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

is that a JavaScript as part of 'Conditional Break' as part of the Subform of the Adobe Form Editor? If so, how did you manage to get it to break on based on data?

Saurav - with Adobe Forms you can set page breaks within the editor by modifying the parameters of the Pagination tab of the object Palette. It is here where you can specify what to do when the subform needs to repeat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

yes - you compare the old value with the new value in the conditional page break... Looking at the code snippet, this works for data in an internal table... but you can modify it to compare whatever you want.

This is the formcalc code in the conditional page break

SPFLI.DATA.CONNID ne SPFLI[+1].DATA.CONNID

Here's a page full of coding examples - one of them contains info on conditional page breaks based on imported data - it's way at the bottom.

[samples|http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/designer_scripting_samples.html]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Robert,

I was able to go through the link mentioned by you but in that link a PDF is there and i am not able to find where the scripting has been written.

Could you please let me know how to go about for this :

If a Field(Additional Info) in the form is empty, then introduce a Page break so that following that field all data should come on next page.

Formcalc scripting for this one would be very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert, I'm looking to forward to trying all this out again!!

Conditional Breaks do look as though they provide precisely that functionality of comparing data elements and if the condition is true then perform a break dependant on the type of break selected. But for whatever reason they seem to not be working. What does work is a pagination break on a new subform, which oddly forces a blank page at the end of all output.

Shall see what that link provides. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have finally figured out how to use conditional page breaks within my form. My parituclar form is rather complex with multiple sub-forms both flowed and positioned. Therefore I was not able to specify the conditional break on the sub-form that contained specific data element that was being referenced as part of the equation.

What ever the insprition was, I attempted to build a conditonal break at the highest level node of my form at which point I wanted to enfore a page break.

The formcalc equation became (using node(n) name to indicate each new sub form level);

Node1[-1].node2.node3.node4.node5.dataElement ne Node1.node2.node3.node4.node5.dataElement

Turns out it's important to provide the entire hierachy as part of the conditonal break.

Answers (0)