cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using value mapping,i have 4 source fields A,B,C,D and I need to get 1,2,3 for A,B,C and SPACE for my last field in Target side.How can i get this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fixed values would suffice your requirement as the table is quite simple. A on the other hand you cannot have space as a value in value mapping tables. However, if you want to create a a value mapping table, then create the group with Source and Target schemas and only set values for A, B & C. Default a space if there is no value found ( input & output is same ) after value mapping is executed . This say you can easily extend the value mapping table further without having to go to the mapping program. For example tomorrow you can have value sets A, B, C , E, F mapped to 1, 2, 3,4, 5 and so on.

regards,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

For basic value mapping you should probably use FixValues function, if by some reason you need a table values (different rules conversion for different partners/customers for example) then you should apply a value mapping table

your example sounds like fair enough for a simple fixvalue function (A=1, B=2, and so on) you can even use a default value if required

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>If you want to achieve this using Value Mapping you need to maintain the Value Mapping table in ID,From Menu>Tools-->Value Mapping.

In this table:

A -

> 1

B -

> 2

C -

> 3

D -

> SPACE(Just leave as Blank) .

-->If you want to use the fixed values we can maintain at Message Mapping level it self.

>For source field->value Mapping-->Target field. You need to follow this for each and every source field to target filed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in Fixvalue

A = 1

B = 2

C = 3

D = PRESS SPACE BAR

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use in your mapping, the function "Fixvalues"(conversions)