cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and where to create transport request and when and where to release it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all SolMan Gurus.

I am challenging the following problem. We are preparing installation for our customer and we have to decide basic questions regarding to the following matters:

- Who should create Transport Request - Change Manager or Developer?

- Who should Release Transport Request - Change Manager or Developer?

- Where the one should Release Transport Request - in correction or in task list?

- How to notify the Developer or better when? When the developer uses action Development completed?

I am thankful for any help or opinion or any best practice.

Best regards,

Petr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you very musch for your help. I will go thru the links. But dont you have the same for an administrative message and test message?

Regards,

Petr

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The work of the roles remain almost same in all type of corrections only the flow/action changes.

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000320232009E/Administrative_Task.exe

In addition pls follow rules,,,,becoz sdn has diff way of saying thnks

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jun 25, 2009 4:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much indeed!

Could you send me the link where I could see other *.exe presentations please. When I enter https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/ it lead to empty page. I would download more such presentation, They are realy useful!

There is a action within regular correction "Test Transport". Is the function the same as is in the task list "Import Transport Requset" in QAS? What is than better. Do it all form the task list or via actions in the regular correction. This is what I am not sure in. Thank you for your reply.

Best regards,

Petr

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

goto SMP & RKT for solman

U get all relevant material,

The action "Test Transport" creates a transport copy and releases as well as

imports to QAS by a scheduled backround import job.

There is a action within regular correction "Test Transport". Is the function the same as is in the task list "Import Transport Requset" in QAS? What is than better. Do it all form the task list or via actions in the regular correction. This is what I am not sure in.

Using "Test Transport";

Import to QAS is done automatically while executing action "Test Transport";

you don't need to import the changes to QAS explicitly using Task List

cn chk this note 1044993

Hope it answer all ur queries.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar,

thank you for explanation regarding to Test transport. I will try it on our test system.

But what is the meanig of "goto SMP & RKT for solman". I am sorry. These abbreviations do not make sense to me... Thank you.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

smp = service market place (service.sap.com)

rkt = knowledge ramp-up transfer (service.sap.com/rkt-solman)

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar,

Now I know what the abbreviations mean. But I cannot find the appropriate pages anyway... :-(( I will try harder ;-). But I am not sure what to do with the Action Test transport. Because as I try it, it works when I run action Releas tr. requset, then I go to task plan and I do import to qas system (system for testing). So I do not need to run action Test Transport. So what exactly it is supposed to do? Does it release an import changes to QAS at once. Do I need it use it at all? Thank you for your answers.

Best regards

Petr

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to service.sap.com/rkt and select solution manager in the left hand side of the page. You can get the required RKT there.

Test transport does not actually transport the request that was created. It transports the copy of the request. Once you select the action test transport, you dont need to go to task list and relase the request to QAS. You can transport them directly from STMS. There you can see that the transport request number you created and the test tranport created by the message is different. Test tranport is just a copy.

Hope this solves your query.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev.

I was trying to search service.sap.com/rkt according to your description, but I was not able to find it anyway. I went to left side, chose Sap SolMan -> Sap SolMan 7.0. I went through all roles presented on right side but I could not find and *.exe file. So please could you send more info where I could find it. I am sorry for this questions but it is very important for me.

The Test Transport works OK. Thank you.

Best regards,

Petr Syka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to service.sap.com/rkt-solman

click solution manager 7.0

on the right top corner under functional roles click "solution consultants"

2 topics for test management are available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I went there but there is only one topic: Work Center Test Management - Overview and at the bottom of the page there is another topic under test management: Learning Map 'Build, Test, and Deploy' in OKP 'SAP Solution Manager 7.0 - EHP1' . But no *.exe files. Do you thing it is because my authorization?

Petr Syka

Former Member
0 Kudos

What *.exe files are you looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The stuff available on test management isn't demo's like that.

All I can see are pdf's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakhar.

I am asking you again for help. I would need such a exe file for creating and importing notes, and support packages. So please, if you can provide me a link I would be very, very gratefull!

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Petr

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't locate any for the time being on SMP

Once I get the same will update rest I already posted

Regards

Prakhar