cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up files from multiple directories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have scenario where each sore has its one folder with all the files in the folder, now there is about 200 stores so and about 30 interfaces that picks up files from those directories. It's gonna take some time to add al the directories to all 30 interfaces. Is there an easier way to do this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I know about the "Advance Selection for Source file" the thigs is it's about 200 directory's for 30 CC, It's might take to long to add them all. Looking for simpler solution.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No other go , when u use FTP as protocol u have to use the option mentioned above.

other than that , i donot find simple solution with the given File Adapter (Sender) confg

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Abhishek we are actualy picking up the files from an ftp server not the actual SAP directory's?

Can this only be done if the files is on the XI(SAP) file directory?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u try as said b4r

In Sender file Adapter u can see

"Advance Selection for Source file"

and give u r list of Directories / Files

Normally wildcards not much supported in FTP type of protocol from XI when compared with NFS type.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thx for reply

abhishek salvi what do mean by ServerName/*? we only have the IP.

If I put in /SAPXI/METSAPXI/* it sais: A file or directory in the path name does not exist

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Sender file Adapter u can see

"Advance Selection for Source file

where in u can give list of all source directories and all file name to be picked

hope this wud help u

rgds

srini

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Thx for reply

>

> abhishek salvi what do mean by ServerName/*? we only have the IP.

> If I put in /SAPXI/METSAPXI/* it sais: A file or directory in the path name does not exist

>

> Regards

Suppose you have one File Server installed (say SAP).....it has only two sub-folders (say XI and PI)....now you want to pick files from both the sub-folders....so you can try SAP/* ........

Please open your File Server location and any sub-folder within it and check if it is / or \ .....and then use the slash (/ or \) accordingly ......if you have IP and no name then give the IP.....rest logic remains the same....

Regards,

Abhishek.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

plz have a look to my blog [SOA Principles for Integration of Mass Systems|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13797] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; what describes a similar challenge, especially how to reduce a too large number of IB Directory objects.

Regards,

Udo

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the file server is the same then you can have Directory field configured as ServerName/* .... this will check for all the folders/ locations in the server specified.....

If the servers are different then you need to have different channels.

Regards,

Abhishek.