cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Warehouse Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there a possibility via WM where we could clear storage unit stock without affecting the IM Stock. I have discrepancies between WM & IM at the moment for a given Sales Order / Line item stock.

Shabeen Buhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabenn,

As mentioned earlier by Abhijit, LX23 should be used to reconcile the differences between WM and IM. And LX23 will always adjust IM stock level based on WM stock.

In your case, if IM stock is correct, you need to:-

1. Run LX23 to resolve the difference between IM and WM. Now the IM stock level should be the same as WM (although the original IM stock is correct).

2. Perform a physical inventory to adjust the stock in both WM and IM to be the correct qty. Inventory process should be and can only be perform in WM (LI01N, LI11N, LI20, LI21).

The stock in IM and WM should be correct now.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check the following SAP Note 535043 - Stock comparison with LX23: Difference

between WM and IM ?

See if this helps you out.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Whilst checking on the note.

My situation with regard to IM & WM is as explained below:

The stock situation is that the stocks in the inventory management are correct and the WM stocks are incorrect. How do we create using the standard sap transaction, movements. Would need some help on the procedure of doing this. A document procedure flow would help

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there's inconsistency between WM & IM stock, you should follow the setps described in the OSS note suggested by Abhijit. That's all.

(Transaction LX23 can tell you whether there's inconsistency in your system or not.)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs.

I am going through the note & looking at possibilities of resolving the issue.

What exactly has happened is as follows:

We have GRN Stocks to warehouse storage location as below:

SO A / LI 10

IM Stocks - 300yds

WM Stocks - Storage unit1 - 85, Storage unit2 - 75, Storage unit3 - 100, Storage unit4 - 40

SO A / LI 20

IM Stocks - 200yds

WM Stocks - Storage unit5 - 75, Storage unit6 - 50, Storage unit7 - 50, Storage unit8 - 25

• At the point of GRN there were no problems, the problem has occurred during Goods Issuance and transfer posting stages, as shown below

The user had issued the wrong storage units physically for the production orders.

Production Order A, for SO A / LI 10 : 75yds (requirement), ideally the user should issue from the storage unit allocated for that specific sales order / line item ( that is from storage unit1, storage unit2, storage unit3 or storage unit4), but in this case the user had issued storage unit 5 ( which is allocated for the second line item). Now in the IM system the user had reduced 75yds from SO A / LI 10 , but in the WM system nothing has been done ( since they have taken the storage unit which was not specified for the SO A / LI 10). We cannot reduce at the WM level for SO A / LI 10 because the storage unit5 is not allocated for SO A/ LI 10. Hope this is clear

The same situation has happened to multiple sales order / line items, now i am in situation where my IM stocks have been reduced correctly but i am unable to reduce my WM Stocks. Thus i need to clear the stock at storage unit level for these set of Sales Order / Line items OR is there any other way i could do it.

A detail method to solve this issue is highly appreciated.

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I feel from the beginning (of this thread) that there's no real inconsitency between IM and WM stock in your system. The problem might be about understanding of WM/IM interaction (interface).

1. If you post a GI gainst a PrdOrd with IM-mvt 261, a negative quant appears in storage type 914dynamci bin (or in storage type 100dynamic bin). So, in WM the stock level is reduced the same time (because the negative quant appears in the mentioned interim storage type)!

Even if you do not carry out any WM movement (you do not create TO), WM stock is in harmony with IM stock.

The only problem might be that the positive WM quant is in a normal bin and it has not been yet moved to the negative quant that is in the interim storage type. So, you have a +quant and a -quant >>> =quant + (-quant) = 0. As you can see the stock has been reduced in WM as well, the only thing you have to do is to process the TR generated by the IM movement (in case of storage type 914 scenario) or process the TR that was generated during the release of the PrdOrd (storage type 100 scenario).

So, please move the suitable =quant into the -quant.

2. As discussed before WM storage units cannot be assigned to sales order items independently from IM.

You said that the stock situation in IM and WM was OK. If the proper stock was posted in IM, WM booking cannot be wrong. If a WM quant belongs to sales order special stock you can use it only for that sales order item, you cannot use it for other sales order item by mistake (unless there's some bug in your system...)

Please provide the following information:

1. Which storage type is used as interim storage type to PrdOrd? 914 or 100?

2. Can you see the -quant in that storage type? Bin number comes from the PrdOrd no. (f you are using dynamic bins).

3. To which sales order item the -quant belongs? (What is its special stock segment?)

4. Which SU (+quant) has consumed physically or should be consumed physically?

5. Where is that SU (+quant)?

6. To which sales order item that SU (+quant) belongs?

8. Do you have any unprocessed TR in LB10?

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Once again thanks for your prompt response. The details requested are as follows:

1. Which storage type is used as interim storage type to PrdOrd? 914 or 100?

2. Can you see the -quant in that storage type? Bin number comes from the PrdOrd no. (f you are using dynamic bins).

Yes

3. To which sales order item the -quant belongs? (What is its special stock segment?)

The sales order / line item SO A / LI 10 -

4. Which SU (+quant) has consumed physically or should be consumed physically?

Storage unit 5 which is from SO A / LI 20

5. Where is that SU (+quant)?

In storage type 001(user specified) , original bin

6. To which sales order item that SU (+quant) belongs

SO A / LI 20

8. Do you have any unprocessed TR in LB10?

Yes for SO A / LI 10

The problem is not with the system, it is with the user he / she has not picked the correct SU physically with respect to the Sales Order / Line item , and the reason he / she has done this is due to practical characteristics of the product. At times the allocated SU does not match their requirement for a given SO / LI. Only option for them is to do a 413e and get the required SU.

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe I understand:

1. GI (261) was posted against PrdOrd (that is linked to SO A / LI 20)

2. Warehouse worker moved (PHYSICALLY) SU5 to production that belongs to SO A / LI 20. This was done only physically since in standard system it is not possible to use stock for a SO item (SO A / LI 10) that is assigned to another SO item (SO A / LI 20).

As it was already told by you, MB1B / MIGO + 413 helps.

1. Move SU5 from SO A / LI 20 to SO A / LI 10

2. Process the TR (or manually, by Lt01 / Lt10) move the SU5 to 914.

(3 Maybe you should move something to SO A / LI 20 because SU5 was not used for this item and I guess you need 75 yard material for SO A /LI 20 in the future...)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Hope i could continue my communications with you with further WM Queries. It was really helpful. (Got any chat id to communicate if you don't mind)

regards

Shabeen Buhary