cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear buffer created by Fun module BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting users attributes(Company code and existing catalog id assigned to user attribute in org structure using Function module ‘BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES’ and than using the values retrieved from this function module and some custom table, I update the users attribute CAT using BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES. It does update the user attributes.

Problem or Issue: I am doing all this in SAP BADI for the shopping cart. I can see the implementation of badi (custom code) is working fine, It updates the users attributes with the catalog id, But later when system (SAP code after BADI call) reads these values using same function module (‘BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES’), which is part of SAP native code, It does not pick up latest copy of the attributes but it picks up last version picked up by function module earlier in BADI, Looks like a copy is kept in buffer and function module read it by default.

Does any one know any way we can clear this buffer after getting and updating users attributes so that system picks up latest and greatest value?

Really appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

Please execute transaction "SHMM" and see if you can find the relevant entry to delete. It should work.

Regards,

Arun

daniel_voges
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi I have a problem with the same function BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES. When I add multiple items from a catalog to my sopping cart, SAP will create a PO for the first item and Purchase req's for the other items. Only a PO for each item should have been created because I shop from a contract not purchase req's.

This happens if I call BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES in BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS method DETERMINE_TARGET_OBJECTS, the moment I comment the call to BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES a PO is created for each item, which is right. I call this function

to determine the backend so I can check if the contract is valid. So it looks like BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES screw's_up SAP a bit.

klaus_wegener2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SRM guys,

I struggled these days in an own WDY application with that buffer problem. I found

the solution in the frame program of the function group of BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES.

Try function module RHGA_RESET_BUFFER with only import parameter

"attributes_buffer = 'X' ".

You need no ENHO oder modifcation of BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES and subfunctions.

The FM is working in SRM 7.02.

Keep in mind, that the buffer table is cleaned up full with attribute information of ALL

buffered users ! Check side effects in your application environment.

BR

Klaus Wegener