cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Gross weight is smaller than net weight" error msg in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We are uing ECC6.0. During delivery creation, we are gettting "Gross weight is smaller than net weight" as an critical error, msg no. VL056.

Is it possible to bypass the error message? In our environment, it's possilbe that gross weight might be smaller than net weight.

Understand druing sales order creation, this message is only shown as a warning message

Thanks for your advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We changed our process to avoid such situation from happening. Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ISOL NatSteel,

Could you please advise us on what you did to handle this? I am facing the same scenario.

Thanks.

Navin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never come across in a situation to what you have indicated and in fact, I am not sure whether there will really be such instances in a real time scenario.

Anyway, if you want to ignore this error message, you have to change the same via SE91 with the help of ABAPer which is not at all recommended.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for advice!

We are using Gross Weight field to store the weighbride weight of the material and Net Weight field for theoretical weight (based on theoretical calculation).

For certain materials, the weighbridge weight is greater than theoretical weight while for some other materials the weighbridge weight is less than theoretical weight.

As a result, we ended up with such a situation. I would appreciate if you could give more specific instructions on how to carry such modification via SE91.

Appreciate your help!

XP Gan

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this, you need to do modification in include MV50AF0E by taking access key.

Thanks

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krish,

Thanks for your advise. I have one more doubt. Is it true that if we make minor modifiction in the said include to bypass the checking, SAP will not provide any support for malfunction of the entire logistics module or shipping module?

Thank you!

XP Gan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please throw some light on - how come your gross weight can be lower than net weight by elaborating on your enviornment example?

Regards,

Hrishi