Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch standard eventing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

As you can see in this document:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/12/15/portal-eventing-a-solution-for-global-peace-and-harmony

We can trigger and catch portal events if we send the event from one ABAP WD to another one.

I want to create a WD Page in the portal composed by standard WD and non Standard ones. So, my question is the next one: Is it posible to catch from a non standard ABAP WD an even triggered by clicking, for example, in a standard one?.

Thank you all ¡¡!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> Hi experts:

>

> I want to create a WD Page in the portal composed by standard WD and non Standard ones. So, my question is the next one: Is it posible to catch from a non standard ABAP WD an even triggered by clicking, for example, in a standard one?.

>

> Thank you all ¡¡!!

Sure, as long as both components use the same event IDs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas:

Thank you for your answer ¡¡!!.

Now the next question is "How can I Know the standard JAVA WD event iD, and the parameter that this triggered event "published" and that I need to import to my ABAP WD?".

So, in my WD ABAP, I Just have to use the tipical code:

DATA LO_API_COMPONENT TYPE REF TO IF_WD_COMPONENT.

DATA LO_PORTAL_MANAGER TYPE REF TO IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION.

LO_API_COMPONENT = WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->WD_GET_API( ).

LO_PORTAL_MANAGER = LO_API_COMPONENT->GET_PORTAL_MANAGER( ).

DATA LO_API_CONTROLLER TYPE REF TO IF_WD_VIEW_CONTROLLER.

LO_API_CONTROLLER ?= WD_THIS->WD_GET_API( ).

CALL METHOD lo_portal_manager->SUBSCRIBE_EVENT

EXPORTING

PORTAL_EVENT_NAMESPACE = STANDARD_JAVA_WD_NAMESPACE

PORTAL_EVENT_NAME = STANDARD_JAVA_WD_EVENT_ID

VIEW = LO_API_CONTROLLER

ACTION = 'RECEIVE_PORTAL_EVENT'

Thank you in advance

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> Hi Thomas:

>

> Thank you for your answer ¡¡!!.

>

> Now the next question is "How can I Know the standard JAVA WD event iD, and the parameter that this triggered event "published" and that I need to import to my ABAP WD?".

> Thank you in advance

You probably need to find the event id in some documentation for the application. Otherwise if the source code for the application is also delivered, you can pick through it to find the event ID. I don't know how many of our Java applications ship with the source code however.

Answers (0)