cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what about the performance of MDM???

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I execute 8 matching strategys at the same time, at this time I will could not to do other thing,I almost can not get the response from mdm!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is some performance issues with MDM ,its not stable product,SAP working on that, i hope new version wl be fyn.MDM5.5 not a stable.

we faced similar problems,to avoid this issues better to follow good design.

Regards,

raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Performance of Matching stratergy also depends on the rules that you use in matching stratergy.

If the rules you use have calculated fileds then performance will be affected.

Apart from this it depends on how complex the complete repository data model is and the number of records in data manager.

So fine tune the data model and check the rules that have been defined in matching stratergy. this should improve the performance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following threads

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually the problem is not only the matching process slowly but at the same time i can not to do query from mdm and when the matching process overd than the query cant be performanced quickly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually matching process utilizes lots of system resources hence you are facing this problem. Hope your system is configured as per the MDM Sizing guide which tell the system requirements.

MDM Sizing Guide

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006267202006E

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

From What i have seen, yes, if you are performing matching on data manager and execute a query on portal the response either takes eternity or you get a locking exception.

in 7.1 the worst part was matching on tuple values which has improved over the hot fixes. I am working on mdm71 since start of ramp up.

What i can suggest is, when you run matching strategies, add some search filters to it. that will reduce your target records and would increase your performance on matching execution.

btw, we had the performance issue while running 1record against 40000 records and only 1 matching strategy, running 8....definately not something that some one should test performance on. I don't think anything would help:-). Though would strongly suggest to check the KPIs of performance on matching with SAP directly as there are no such KPI's available in documents.

Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jun 25, 2009 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apart from above suggestions you can also try to run the heavy matching strategies in night time which are CPU intensive.

regards

Ravi