cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking files from multiple folders based on name send to destination folde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to pick multiple files from multiple folders with one root folder. Based on file name I want to send it to diffirent folders. No need to go for message mapping. Can anyone suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Kotla.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I want to pick multiple files from multiple folders with one root folder. Based on file name I want to send it to diffirent folders. No need to go for message mapping. Can anyone suggest me.

this is pretty easy and in standard but you need a dummy mapping (any type)

that will create Dynamic configuration for the Directory Adapter-Specific Message Attribute

on the basis of the filename

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

How can i send files to multiple folders based on names. Can you suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

VenkatK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think when u use Adapter specific in Sender file Adapter u will not get "FileName" in Outbound payload , only after Runtime using Dynamic Coonf UDF u will receive it in "Target Interface"

This will not server u r purpouse

So better write Adapter module to get filename in "Outbound Interface" first

And now based on this element value "Filename" using context editor in Receiver Determination divert u r files to Different Receiver File Adapter holding different folders based on file name.

U can find Adapter module devlopment for getting filename in SDN , please check hopr that will help u

rgds

srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Advanced Selection option in file adapter to pick file from different folders. Use bypass scenario no need IR objects, meanwhile in ID window receiver determination window put condition as file name. Based on file name choose receiver channel.

I hope now clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

to pick the files from multiple source directory, can use "Advance Selection for Source File" in Sender CC.

If you wand to develop a Scenario without Message mapping, develop a scenario as "Sender as Virtual receiver"

This option is available in Sender agreement, just give the dummy name for Msg Interface and Namespace, Name defined should be same in Rec Agreement.

Develop only: Sende CC, Receiver CC, SA, RA

No need to develop ID and RD as no mapping is involved.

If u want to send the files to different folders of receiver side, just develop the adapter module which changes the directory based on the sender filename.

If the sender and receiver directory is same than check the "adapter specific Msg Attribute" and "directory" checkbox in both the sender and receiver CC. in this case no need to develop Custom module for changing the directory. files will be automatically placed in the path they were picked from sendor directory

appreciate if useful

regards,

chandra shekhar