Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fact tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

can ome tell me:

1. whats the difference b/w F and E fact tables?

2. what will happen when we compress an IC. does the data and the structure will remain or not/.

3. and whats the importance of a 0sourcesytem Infoobject.?

4.what is packet dimension and whats the significance/.

thank

kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar

1 There is a good explanation in this thread

2 Compression

For performance reasons, and to save space on the memory we do the compression

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/aa6437e7a4080ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar

Dimension

A dimension is a component of an InfoCube that is built according to a so-called star schema.

While the fact table of the InfoCube contains key figures such as sales revenue and sales quantity, the dimension tabled of the InfoCube contain characteristics such as customer, product.

Due to technical (database) restrictions (maximum 16 key fields) a maximum of 16 dimensions managed per InfoCube and each individual dimension can contain a max. 249 characteristics.

There are 3 fixed, predefined dimensions:

<b>Data packet (cannot be maintained by the user, serves for the consist management of data in the InfoCube),</b>

Time (the time characteristics are stored here)

Unit (this dimension contains the currencies and units of measure of the key figures of the InfoCube).

As a result 13 freely configurable dimensions remain at the user's disposal for the characteristics. Characteristics that are related to one another (such as product, product group, division) should be summarized in one dimension

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Sat:

That wasreally so helpful. i am glad to pizzaman and others who gave a great insight. well, i have a question though!! i am clear about compresion(when to do and the measures to be taken) but can you tell me the process of compression. i mean, where do u do the compression in the manage of an IC? i have 10 requests in the manage screen of my IC.

i gave points to you.

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar

Automaticc

Infocube>Manage>from menu path choose environment-->select automatic request processing and select all the boxes.

Manual

Infocube>Manage>Rollup icon-->under rollup choose request ID and check mark Compress after roll up.

You have to do this one by one for each request in sequence of loading.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat:

Thanks to the reply.got it.

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar

The Purpose of 0sourcesystem is maps source system and source system ID.

Please check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a6399e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thnaks

Sat