cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Capture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our client wants us to incorporate Analog Signature Capturing in our Mobile Component Application.

I found some of the wiki which pointed out on how to handle Signature Capturing on Backend and Middleware side. But I did not get any information on what to do at Mobile Client side.

Application has been developed in JSP. Can anybody help me out on how to go for signature capturing on JSP Client side development.

Scenario is like this:

There are number of orders in the device. On completion of order, operator has to sign against the order which he has completed. So for all the orders, signature capture must be done.

Can anybody please help me out?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

I have developed a signature capture application which i am using for MI 7.1 and is developed using swt.jar. You can use the same code for signature capture.

I am providing you with a link of the blog that i have written. It is on wiki. https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/usingsignaturecaptureeswtcontrolinmobile+webdynpro

The SignatureStandard class which i have mentioned can ideally be used with any version of MI by placing the appropriate lib files for runtime.

Let me know if this was helpful.

I can also tell also how to recreate the image if required in the backend.

Regards

Srikumar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikumar,

Thanks for response.

Our MI Application even though developed on top of 7.1 framework is being developed in JSP and not in Web Dynpro (OCA) framework. So will that work in our application?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

1. First, you have a signature capture tool. Most of the phones come with their own signature capture tools. For example, for Pocket PC - you can go to the MSDN site and then download the capture program.

2. The captured signature should then be stored as an JGP/ PDF/ or any version.

3. In your mobile application, you have to convert this file into binary format. This must be uploaded to the mobile middleware

In the mobile middleware, you must ensure that attachments are enabled. You can refer to this link for actions that you must do in the middleware and in the back-end.

DOE supports attachment functionality and implementation details are explained in the following blog,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/createapplicationsusingBinaryMemoandTextMemoinNetweaverMobile+7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/uploadingAttachments-NetweaverMobile7.1

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they can used anywhere ideally. if the respective jar files are made available for it runtime and compile time. the jar file swt and eswtconverged.jar in the lib folder.

try out it ideally it should work. the code i have given using swt.jar is similar to awt or swing based code.

Just instantiate a object of the same. Also needed to know once you have transferred the image from the client side to the backend how do u intend on using it.

reagrds

Srikumar V

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow Abhijit's message in the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

1. Uploading/downloading attachments is not supported for JSP applicaitons.It's only supported for OCA & Laptop applications.Even if you model a new attribute in DO of type xstring (for attachment), the field will not be made available when importing the DO on the client.

2. As mentioned by Abhijit above, you have to convert the capture image from binary format to base64, upload it to DoE and convert it back to binary format.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You can write an applet to capture the signature as an image.

After captuing the signature as image store it in a file.

But JSP Client does not support BLOBs so there is no straight forward way to acheive this .

Only OCA client and LAPTOP clients support BLOBs.

So you have to do something following.

You have to convert the binary image data into a Base64 format.

Suppose after encoding, the number of characters are 200.

Then you have to have a SyncBO attribute which can hold that 200 characters.

So store 200 chars as normal character data.

When the backend BAPI is called in to modify or create, then convert this Base64 data back to binary form and store it in a table which has column of type xstring.

I know this is not straight way of doing it but its doable.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit