Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Functionality in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I was wondering if there was any specific reason and need to have a separate transaction for the release functionality (of POs, PReqs, etc.). Could this not be accomplished using a GUI function in the menu?

Thanks for your input,

Sard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sard,

I am not a MM person but will try to answer your query.

As per my understanding The release functionality is independent of the PO and preqs. Its an additional functionality which can be enabled in the customizing. Some companies might have the process of releasing at different stages and some company might not have the release functionality at all. So per my understanding the release strategy is totally independent from creaing PO's and Preqs

Ofcourse i agree that we can always have a menu to enable easy access from within the main PO screens

it makes life easier.

Cheers

VJ

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sard,

I am not a MM person but will try to answer your query.

As per my understanding The release functionality is independent of the PO and preqs. Its an additional functionality which can be enabled in the customizing. Some companies might have the process of releasing at different stages and some company might not have the release functionality at all. So per my understanding the release strategy is totally independent from creaing PO's and Preqs

Ofcourse i agree that we can always have a menu to enable easy access from within the main PO screens

it makes life easier.

Cheers

VJ