cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Posting 0PY_PP_C1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am setting up payroll reporting and need to extract the monthly payroll data to 0PY_PP_C1 (posting index ODS). However, the datasource providing this data is taking about 20 hours to extract a month of data (to PSA).

Does anyone have any tips to provide on using this datasource?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Version: NW 2004 (BW 3.5)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This datasource 0HR_PY_PP_1 is delta-enabled?Are you loading data using delta?

Please see below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/8ab53cfb4d1b76e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<b>Delta Update

This DataSource supports delta updates. The source system fills table HRMS_BIW_PPDELTA with the date and time of the first data transfer (initialization) and the date and time of all subsequent data transfers. This information enables the system to perform a delta transfer. It only selects posting runs with the above statuses whose last changed on date is after the date in table HRMS_BIW_PPDELTA.

If you use DataSources 0HR_PY_PP_2 (Posting Documents) and 0HR_PY_PP_1 (Auditing Information), you must transfer data to BW from both DataSources using the same selection criteria.</b>

U r loading full loads of monthly data(presently)?Or r u running an init load?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishvesh,

I extract the data for 1 month to ODS 0HR_PY_PP_1 and use the same selection criteria to 0HR_PY_PP_2, then do the update to 0HR_PY_PP_3 (from 0HR_PY_PP_1). This gives us the correct totals in PP_3, however, it just takes way too long to gather a month of data into 0HR_PY_PP_1.

If I were to enable the delta feature, the extracts would not have to access the payroll tables (which are huge) and this should speed up future extracts. However, how can I extract all the past monthly payrolls (Jan 06, Dec 05, Nov 05, etc.). The payroll folks would like to look at monthly payroll data for several years. Would it make sense to enable delta before I get all this data? Are there ways to speed up the monthly load for all these past months?

Thanks for any ideas you might provide.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can create three info package for jan 06, dec 05 and nov 05 with monthly selection and run it as a full update. once you load theses months do a delta init and run delta for the new data.

Thanks

qandeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qandeel,

Thanks for the tips. The answers you all provided have helped me make sense of using the delta capability, after I capture all the previous data.

However, since it takes 20 hours to extract a month of data and I need several years worth, it will take forever to gather. Any tips on improving the 'full' extract process for the past data? Can indexes be added to the payroll tables?

Dave

Answers (0)