cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When we give free goods then the system shows zero value becoz for the item category TANN where we maintain no pricing(VOV7). In the pricing procedure the system first looks the requirement, if it is maintained 2 for PR00 then the value will come as zero as the system first goes to the item category group if pricing is relavant then it shows value otherwise zero value.(Please correct me if i am wrong here.)

My question is if we can get zero value in PR00 condition type itself and then what is the requirement to mantain R100 and NARB in Pricing Procedure.

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

> My question is if we can get zero value in PR00 condition type itself and then what is the requirement to mantain R100 and NARB in Pricing Procedure.

One simple thing, What if u need any report based on price? similarly there are various uses, Like how u will do the two price for same material ?

There is numerous example why we need to show the price in PR00 and then use respectively NRAB and R100.

Again Use of R100 and NRAB is completely depends on various situation....

We use NRAB condition type where we does not have Item Generation ( means Free item wont show as separate item) .NRAB does not determine a discount from a condition record.

Rather It uses condition base formula 029 in the pricing procedure to determine a discount from the free good's different factors.

In R100 cond type , in conditions data , system will directly deduct the freegoods amount and it will display another item

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the system shows zero value becoz for the item category TANN where we maintain no pricing(VOV7)

That is not correct. In the item category we give the value B - which says 'the item is priced and 100% discount'. Because of this the system gives discount (through R100 condition type) for the value above the condition type R100 in the pricing. If you compare the pricing in condition tab for the main line item and for the free goods line item - the pricing will be same for both the line items and the free goods line item will have the extra R100 condition type. The value of discount depends on the positioning of the R100 condition type. If the position is different, then the net value for that free goods need not be zero.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.Yes, in the item category we give the value B - which says 'the item is priced and 100% discount'.

But there are lot of materials we have, that we sell and give as Sample and also as free goods. So pricing should be different for each scenario.So can i meet the requirement if i maintain 3 types of Item Category say ZTAN(for Pricing),ZPRO( for Promotion and Sample) and TANN( For Free goods) and do the item category assignment.

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the order we get value items and free of charge items. if we make PR00 as FOC condition type. where you will maintain price for the value items.

may be your case can do well only if you have explicit FOC order.

pls update.

Regards,

Balu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JyotiPrakash,

First of all we need to understand that there can be various types of requirements in the pricing procedure eg. customer wants the price to appear in the order but wants to give a 100% discount etc.

Now coming to your question as to when we use a routine 2 for the condition type PR00 it works for free goods, I completed agree with you.

The two condition types R100 and NRAB can be used in different scenarios like the one I mentioned above.

Further into the condition types

R100 - this condition type uses the calculation type - percentage and will always have a negative impact on the condition type.

NRAB - this condition type uses the calculation type - quantity and can have a positive or negative impact on the conditions type depending on the scenario that it is used. Also the condition category for this condition type is free goods meaning it is used only for inclusive free goods (unless the condition category is change).

I hope this helps you to get some insight into the difference in all the three condition types and their usage.