Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down list in project version saving screen for version key and groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a business need to define 3 different version group,

and under each version group ,there should be predefined version key which should be provided as a drop down list.

can anybody tell me how to  define a version group list and which will appear when we press F4 in version group field in CN72 transaction.

Based on version group corresponding version key should be displayed in the verson key field.

ashis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to CN72 create the version for project at the time enter the Version group which you want and save.

Again go to the same transaction and enter some different project and press F4 in version group it will show the version group which stored last time.

Thanks

S.Murali

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Based on the version group you need create the version key for projects. I think no settings are config to predefine the version keys. If you create some 10 version keys for your ASHIS 1 version group, if next time if you use the same group you will get the possible entries of 10 version keys which you created earlier.

I think this is max you can do for version keys.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

definitely its helpful,

but i need a predefined version keys for a specific version group.

now lets select the version which by default bring that version and populate, but wat abour verson key.

i need a drop down (predefined list ) version keys for that group.

can u just enhance lil bit more, so that solution will be full proof.

ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the variant for each version group first in CN72.

Ex:

Project X and version group Test1 save under the variant ASHIS 1

Project Y and version group Test 2 save under the variant ASHIS 2

Now you want create the project version for Project X.1 under the ASHIS 1 version group. In order to that go to CN72 select the variant , so that the version group will populate automatically.

Please try this and revert back

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually in version group, it accepts a free text also, but i need a predefined value there.

how to do it ?

ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create version group in CN72 itself. Once you created the version group you can use it for some other project also.But version key i dont think you can get it from F4 help.

Thanks

S.Murali