cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When provisioning roles to portal - error is: No id to modify is defined

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to provision a user ID and role to the portal. The user exists, so it does a "change user" which is good. It also LOCKS the user, which is good. But...it is not provisioning the "Roles/Group" to the user. Below is the information I get:

Auto provisioned for request on 06/24/2009 18:45

User attributes changed for User : PER2009 in System(s) :WPS.

User: PER2009 locked in system(s): WPS.

Role Provisioning failed for System(s) : WPS. Error Message : No id to modify defined

Here is what the log file says:

2009-06-24 18:45:45,937 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_3] ERROR no dtos exist which are in the same state as the passing dto

com.virsa.ae.core.ObjectNotFoundException: no dtos exist which are in the same state as the passing dto

Does anyone have any idea of what this is telling me?

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is an update that may be useful.

If you are using portal groups (rather than portal roles), there is a problem with GRC 5.3 SP8. The system will let you assign a "Group", but it will not let you remove a "Group".

The SAP development team is currently working on this issue for us so I am going to close this issue.

Thanks,

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to find the problem with provisioning groups to EP from GRC. I was missing a parameter "GROUP_DATA_SOURCE with the value "grup.private_datasource.un:". I also had another parameter (ASSIGN_GROUPS_OC) that was misspelled.

I now have another problem with provisioning to EP. When I try to remove a current portal group, and click on the u201Cexisting roles/groupsu201D button, only the portal roles appear for removal u2013 no portal groups. This is an issue because if a person has two portal groups and I only want to remove one of them, Iu2019ll need to know which roles make up that group.

I see that we have a u201CROLESEARCH_URIu201D parameter. Am I possibly missing a u201CGROUPSEARCH_URIu201D parameter? I couldnu2019t find one that was deployed from the EP RTA. Does anyone know if I am missing another parameter or something or why the portal groups are not appearing when I select u201Cexisting roles/groupsu201D?

Can anyone else see their portal groups when they click on "exisitng roles/groups"? Here is a list of my portal parameters if it helps:

ASSIGN_GROUPS:OC (this was misspelled)

ASSIGN_ROLES:OC

CHANGE_USER:OC

CREATE_USER:OC

CREATE_USER:password

DELETE_USER:OC

GROUP_DATA_SOURCE (this was the one I was missing)

LOCK_USER:OC

LOCK_USER:islocked

ROLESEARCH_URI

ROLESEARCH_URI_PASSWORD

ROLESEARCH_URI_USERNAME

ROLE_DATA_SOURCE

SCHEMA_ID

UNLOCK_USER:OC

UNLOCK_USER:islocked

USER_DATA_SOURCE

Thank you!

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the authorizations on the User ID you are using in the connection to the Portal? Also is the Portal using a directory server such as AD as a data source?

0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

just tested it and it works for me - I provisioned a UME Group called "ADSCallers" while creating a new account via CUP.

Or is this when changing an existing account? Shouldn't matter I guess...

Regarding versions: I'm using AC 5.3 SP7 Fix 1 provisioning to NetWeaver Portal 7.00 SP 13 Patch 5

Cheers,

Dominic

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Is anyone provisioning users in Enterprise Portal using CUP (GRC 5.3)? If so, are you provisioning portal roles or portal groups?

I am trying to provision portal groups when I get the error above. If I provision portal roles, it works ok. I'm just curious if anyone has been able to porvision GROUPS.

thanks,

Peggy