cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change House Bank, Bank Key #

Former Member
0 Kudos

FI Experts

I need to change current Bank Key # ( ABA) as the bank is changing its (ABA) I tried FBZP, but I don't have the option, I also tried FI02 but could not figure it out. Does any one knows how to change it? IS this somethign that must be done thru IMG or the user can do it. I don't need to create new Bank just change the Bank Key

Your help Will be appreciated

Edited by: Frank on Jun 25, 2009 12:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to IMG...

Financial Accounting, Bank Accounting, Bank Accounts, Define House Banks...

here is where you add the new bank key.

You also have to go to the following...

Financial Accounting, Bank Accounting, Business Transactions, Payment Transactions, Electronic Bank Statement, Make Global Settings for Electronic Bank Statement...

here is where you have to assign bank accounts to transaction types

Our bank recently changed their ABA number. The problem we had were checks that were issued under the old number had problems when we uploaded the bank BAI files that contained the new ABA number.

I would advise going into a test environment and evaluate the results of making the change so that you understand how it will impact the process of importing and posting the files received from the bank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the transaction FI12 and select the particular house bank defined for your company code then doble click on the house bank . in the house bank data u can change the house bank key and press the create button then fill the additional details thereby you can change the house bank key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Will,

How did you fix the issue for old checks. i change the ABA number everything worked fine. Until we got cleared checks from bank. iti s telling that House bank account table T012K contains aan entry with account number

#########. There is no entry in the house bank table T012 with bank key ####### for this entry.

Should create another bank account with the old ABA # to post the files coming from the bank for old checks?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

I did what you said and it works fine, however I am having problems uploading the BAI file from the bank to clear checks under the old bank key #. Do you have any suggestions as to what to do?

Thank You for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

I did what you said and it works fine, however I am having problems uploading the BAI file from the bank to clear checks under the old bank key #. Do you have any suggestions as to what to do?

Thank You for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I replied to your inquiry from my previous forum entry. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I replied on your thread

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OY17, change the value in 'Bank Key' field to 4 (for the country in question), and save the change. Then it should be possible to change the bank number in FI02. Once done, go to FBZP -> House Banks and check at least one house bank which is linked to this bank country and bank key, to make sure things good look over there. I'd suggest doing this in a sandbox kind of system first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank You for your help