Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

log for changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm in the need of log all the changes that have been done to a ztable. the log should be as fallow:

username date/time field changed value and new value.

How can I do that.

your help will be appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced,

Fidel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE11 and change the table technical settings. check the button "log table changes".

This way table is logged for all changes and you can view throgh SCU3 t-code. You can all details like who changed it and what is old and new value.

Mark it if it is helpful.

Thanks,

SuGI

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE11 and change the table technical settings. check the button "log table changes".

This way table is logged for all changes and you can view throgh SCU3 t-code. You can all details like who changed it and what is old and new value.

Mark it if it is helpful.

Thanks,

SuGI

0 Kudos

Hi SuGI, when I go to the SCU3 it give me a message that says the modification log is not active.

How can I activate it?, I recieved that message right away, before I specified a table or anything.

Kind regards,

Fidel.

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Please go to SE11 -> enter your custom table for database table -> click on change -> click on technical settings button -> check log data changes box -> save and activated.

From this point, any changes to custom table entry will capture in log and you can use SCU3 to view/analyse.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi ferry,I already did it, but the problem is that the system is telling me that recording of the logs is not active, not at the table, is just that apparently the system functionality is not active, I don't know if is a basis that have to do this, but I will like to learn how to activate it myself.

Regards,

Fidel

0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember that if you activate logs your system will slow down when changing every record of the table. Sometimes it's better having it disabled... depending of your system response.

Regards,

Mireia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

I hope you must have found out the details as the post shows as solved. Just found this and thought you might be interested.

<u><b> For a table to be logged, 2 requirements must be met:</b></u>

1. In the technical settings of the table, checkbox "Log data changes" is marked.

You can go to the technical settings via Transaction SE13 or via the path "Tools --> ABAP Workbench --> Development --> Dictionary", enter the table name and click on "Change". On the next screen, click on "Technical settings" (CtrlShiftF9).

If you change the technical attributes of a table, make sure you save and also update these changes.

1. Logging is also set in the system profile. To do this, set profile parameter rec/client (lower-case!) to one of the following values:

OFF: Generally no recording (e.g. central system switch)

nnn: Logging for client-specific tables only in client nnn

mmm,nnn,ppp ...: Logging for client-specific tables in the clients listed (a maximum of ten).

ALL: Logging always, for client-specific tables in all clients. Caution: This setting is sensible only in special cases. Note that with the "ALL" setting or when upgrading all test clients, (including SAP client 000) changes will be recorded in the log file.

The default settings is OFF - that means, no default logging takes place.

If rec/client is not OFF and logging is active in the dictionary, non-clientspecific tables are always logged. This setting is usually used in the period of the installation and test phase only.

Please make sure that the values for rec/client are the same on all servers of a system. Only then logging will work correctly.

With the production start, logging tables relevant to account reporting should be activated (obligation to prove due to national orderliness requirements)

Hope this info is useful.

Cheers

VJ