cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information on Schedule Tasks to launch workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to launch MDM workflow based on a condition on daily basis. (Need to write a scheduled program to run on daily basis)

Please let me know if any one have come across a solution for it.

Best Regards,

Vinit Pugaliya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

You can try to schedule the workflow by using the properties Max Time and Max Records of the workflow. As far as condition goes, you can write validation expression and use the same in the Branch step (first step of the workflow) which decides whether to move the workflow further or stop it.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a possibility to schedule a job for validations from workflow ?

Thanks,

Vinit Pugaliya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Can you please eloborate your requirement?

If you want to schedule the workflow job (apart from using the method stated above) then you can try this with JAVA API but it involves complex and huge java coding.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I need to implement below requirement

If the status of a field is "true" and if the current date minus given date is a multiple of 5, I need to launch / Continue the workflow. This condition needs to be checked on daily basis.

Please advise !!

Thanks,

Vinit Pugaliya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Which records you want to process in the workflow? that means ff you are launching some workflow then there would be some records in the workflow

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I need to search for all the records available and check for status and date, based on the condition satisified, i need to syndicate matched records.

Thanks,

Vinit Pugaliya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit

You can use syndicate step in the workflow for achieving this. In the syndicate step specify the port name in which you also need to assign the syndication map.

In the syndication map after doing all field mapping do a free form search where you can put the condition as mentioned and save the map.

Each tme syndicate step will try to syndicate, it will put a filter on available records based on the logic defined in map.

hope this helped.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

It is quite difficult to achieve this kind of requirement. The workaround i can think of is

1. Schedule the syndication which syndicates the records satisfying search criteria. This will create one file in the outbound Port folder.

2. Create one batch file which copies this file from outbound folder to the Inbound Port folder and schedule this file by using Microsoft scheduler to run on daily basis.

3. As soon as file gets moved from Outbound folder to Inbound folder, Import server picks the file and Import it which doesn't affect the existing records and you can set the workflow to be launched in the Configuration options.

I will suggest lets wait for some experts for some better solution. Though above solution will work for your requirement.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

As an alternative, use MDM api to trigger workflow. Within the java code put the required conditions to triggering workflow.

Regards