cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect to MSAccess database and gave the comm channel config as per this weblog

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

My driver is -->> sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

My connection is -->> jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//windowsservername/Tables/Lookup.mdb

My Adapter Monitor gives me this exception

Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=//windowsservername/Tables/Lookup.mdb' failed: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=//windowsservername/Tables/Lookup.mdb': java.lang.NullPointerException

The database is in Windows system and XI is in Unix system - sp16. I could ping the windows system from XI box....I have a username and pwd configured in the JDBC adapter - under Username/ password section.

Do I need to have any Data source createdin XI for that database inorder to connect to it?

Thanks and I appreciate your responses..

Thilothama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thilothama

"windowsservername" is the name of the database server you are using. If not replace this with your server name and check?

Regards,

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windowsservername is the name of the system where the database is installed. What do you mean by database server? The database I am connecting to is MSAccess installed in this windows system which I mention by windowsservername.

Could you be more specific please?

Thank you

Thilothama

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi thilotham,

Can you try by using the IP address instead of the WindowsServername.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi marco,

that piece of info was very interesting and informative.

Thilotama, do keep us informed on hpw your resolve this issue.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is not solved yet...That was a false alarm...the adapter was inactive...

Do we need that openrda ???? from Unix to windows???

Doesnt it talk with jdbc - odbc bridge???

Please suggest... Any one faced similar problems??

Thilothama

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

The driver and connection string - Are the // correct?

I tried with IP address also. Nothing seemed to work. The unix box is able to ping that windows system but the database connection request is not gng out of the unix box.

Do I have to install any additional drivers for sun.jdbc.odbc driver to work. We have the JDBC, JMS drivers as per config installed in our xi box. Which has jars for Myswl, sqlserver and oracle. Do we need any additional jars to be installed for MSAccess...

If someone has worked with MSAccess successfully before, kindly provide ur suggestions..

Thank you

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

I'm facing the same problem now. Can you please tell me how had fixed it. ur help in this issue wud b highly appreciated.

Thnx in Advance

Anil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

This is a really interesting item I think. From all examples I see on accessing an mdb db the file is placed on the integration server. If you want to be able to connect from UNIX to a windows system you might need an extra layer. Have a look at this site:

http://openaccesssoftware.com/products/openrda/unix_access.asp

Best regards,

Marco