cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW/HW Requirements for Symbol MC9090 Devices for Scanning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are going to use the Symbol/Motorola MC9090 handheld device for running NW Mobile 7.1 applications. The applications will require the device's scanning capabilities.

In OSS Note 1057759 for the device driver PISCSYM9090L version 1.3.4 it mentions all the Software and Hardware requirements for using the MC9090 device's scanner with NW Mobile Client. I have several questions:

1) The device driver documentation refers to Windows Mobile 5.0. Can we use a Windows Mobile version higher than 5.0 (e.g. the latest version Windows Mobile 6.1)?

2) The Connector Version and Driver Deployer Version refer to Windows Mobile 5.0 as well. I would assume if Window Mobile 6.1 is an option then there should be a Connector Version and Driver Deployer Version for Mobile 6.1 as well, correct? Or are lower Connector Version and Driver Deployer Version compatible with a higher Windows Mobile version.

3) Where do I find/download the Connector, Driver Deployer, and Java VM CrEme software?

4) Is there some better documentation on how to install Connector, Driver Deployer, and Java VM CrEme software and configure the the different options.

As usual, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

3) Where do I find/download the Connector, Driver Deployer, and Java VM CrEme software?

Connector & Driver Deployer:

a. Login to [http://www.service.sap.com/swdc|http://www.service.sap.com/swdc]

b. Click on Download at the left side panel to expand it.

c. Click on Support packages and Patches on left side panel to expand it.

d. Click on Entry by Application Group onleft side panel.

e. On the right side panel Click on SAP NetWeaver to open it.

f. Click on SAP NETWEAVER to open it.

g. Click on SAP NETWEAVER MOBILE 7.1 to open it.

h. Click on Entry by Component on the right panel to expand it.

i. Click Mobile Client to open it.

j. Click on MOBILE CLIENT DRIVERS 7.10 to open it.

k. Click on # OS independent to open it.

l. Download NWMDRIVERS06P_1-20001963.zip which contains driverdeployer_wince_1_3_4.sda which must be successfully installed on the client before connector or other driver is installed. This zip also contains the connector.

Java VM CrEme software:

a. It has to be download from [http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159|http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159]

b. Evaluation version is available but for productive use you have to buy the liscence from NSIComm only.

4) Is there some better documentation on how to install Connector, Driver Deployer, and Java VM CrEme software and configure the the different options.

Installing Connector & Driver Deployer:

a) The NWMDRIVERS06P_1-20001963.zip contains driverdeployer_wince_1_3_4.sda & connector_wm50_xsl_crm_1_3_4.sda which has to be uploaded to DOE using SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE transaction.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/261bc04f6a2b30e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

b) Login to Data Orchestration Admin and Monitoring Portal

c) Go to Administration link

d) Go to Mobile Component Administration link.

c) Search for driverdeployer* and connector* components one by one and change the status to test succeeded.

d) Now go to Device Administration and assign driverdeployer to your device and sync to get it installed on the mobile client.

e) Now assign the connector and sync again to get it installed on the mobile client.

Rememer only after successful installation of driverdeployer, you can assign connector or any other driver.

f) You can refer to same note for other information.

Installing Creme:

It is a CAB file. Copy it on your PDA and click on it to install it.

It installs in \Windows\Creme location.

This location also contains Documentation folder which contains documentation for Creme which will tell about different option of Creme.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Edited by: Abhijit Suresh Shingate on Jun 25, 2009 4:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

thanks for the information - this is of great help. Do you happen to have an answer for my other two questions?

1) The device driver documentation refers to Windows Mobile 5.0. Can we use a Windows Mobile version higher than 5.0 (e.g. the latest version Windows Mobile 6.1)?

2) The Connector Version and Driver Deployer Version refer to Windows Mobile 5.0 as well. I would assume if Window Mobile 6.1 is an option then there should be a Connector Version and Driver Deployer Version for Mobile 6.1 as well, correct? Or are lower Connector Version and Driver Deployer Version compatible with a higher Windows Mobile version.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Please find below the answers to your other questions.

The PIOS drivers mentioned in the note are certified to work with the software and OS listed on the requirement section of the release note. Since, those drivers are not certified the driver with Windows Mobile 6.1, it is not guaranteed they will work and therefore not supported.

There are no Connector or Driver Deployer available for Windows Mobile 6.1. Existing Connector and Driver Deployer versions are not guaranteed to work with OS version higher that Windows Mobile 5.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijith,

We are having an MIDP2.0 application which connects to AS400. It works good in J2ME 3.0 emulators. I am facing a UI problem in MC9090 installed creme 4.1. The Textfield border is not showing up. Other functionality works good connecting to AS400.

I tried using demo sample LWUIT. But it gets hanged. Does Creme4.1 support LWUIT?

The customers stressing more on the UI issue. Can you help me out?

Thanks for your time.

Gopal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see follow-up-question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I have another question about installing the deployer, drivers, Java VM CrEme, etc. on the handheld.

You mentioned to install the deployer before anything else. I assume the following sequence would be correct?

1) Driver Deployer 1.3.3

2) Connector 1.3.1

3) Device driver PISCSYM9090L

4) Java VM CrEme

5) Symbol MC9090 WM5.0 linear scanner Software Revision

6) Mobile Client

7) Database (e.g. DB2e)

last) custom applications

Questions:

1) Can I install the Java VM CrEme before I install the deployer? Or Afterwards?

2) Where do I get the Symbol MC9090 WM5.0 linear scanner Software Revision 01.39.01 (REV H) as mentioned in the driver release notes for PISCSYM9090L.

3) To minimize the setup effort for the handhelds I plan to use "Software Packages" (defined in the DOE) to load all the software mentioned above plus the NW Mobile Client, Framework, etc. plus the different custom applications. Will the Software package be able to figure out the correct sequence how the software should be installed? Will I need more than one Software Package? What is the best approach to distribute all software with the least effort?

Thanks,

Wolfgang