cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat lookup table constraints issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of a secrete to getting the constraints drop down to show up? I created a new flat lookup table with one column that is one character is size (Yes, tried making it multiple with larger sizes). I went into Data manager and added several records to this new table, but for some reason I can not get the constraints drop down to show up. Any help would be appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify what we are attempting to do. We have a Bank Details Qualified table in which we have placed a Deletion Indicator flag (coming from ECC) to indicate whether a bank is flagged for deletion or not, so we want to filter what the end user sees by adding a constraint to the bank details deletion indicator lookup table so they dont see Banks flagged for deletion. This qualified table is linked to our main customer table. From the sounds of things, you can only get constraints if the flat lookup table is linked to the main table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

By looking at your scenario, you can't directly achieve this as you can have constraints on a lookup table when linked only to main table.

The work around is create another lookup table and link that to main table. Populate that main table field as per the qualified table.

For ex: Have lookup field values be - yes (this is for the deletion flag), no(no deletion flag), null(neither or nor). depending on the qualified table populate this field and you have constraints for this lookup table.

Hope this works for you,

Best Regards,

Silpa Chillakuru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Follow the below steps:

1. Login into the Data Manager and select the Named Search table from the drop down list.

2. Create the new record with some meaningful name.

3. Go to the main table and in the free form search, set the search criteria i.e. Indicator Flag = True/False (depending upon the values) so that only the records to be displayed to end users should be displayed.

4. From the Search menu, select Save Named Search as -> Named Search name (created in step 2)

5. Set the constraint over the Named Search table for the role assigned to end users in MDM Console.

Whenever user logs into the data manager can see only the records satisfied the search criteria.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

To get the records as drop down, you need to link the look up flat table to the main table.

Only then you can get the look up flat values, in the form of drop down values in the main table record.

To link the lookup flat to the main table, in the main table, create a field of data type look up flat and select the created look up flat table name for the property look up table.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a new Role and go to Talbes & Fields tab in Console. Go to the lookup table you created, and under constraints column click the cell . You will be able to see the constraints drop down from which you can choose the necessary values.

Regards

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

THis is Written in Console Reference Guide:

"You can only set constraints on tables which are referenced by single-value lookup fields. If a table is used as a multivalued lookup field or as the nested lookup of a multi-valued lookup field, you will not be able to set constraints on it."

Check it and let me know if you have any queries..

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

You have to create a field in the main table that is a lookup field to that lookup table, then you can see the constraints.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Silpa Chillakuru