cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC on pa40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Doing some research on the relative adv's and disadv's of performing a bdc on transation PA40 to upload data into different infotypes when compared with other methods of data upload into infotypes. Need some inputs from all of u, viz.,

1.comparision with a bdc on pa30

2.comparision with HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION/HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA

3. effect of custom fields and country groupings

4.the effect of screen changes based on personnel area

reward guaranteed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Suresh,

waiting for your reply,

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK here you go..

1.PA30 is for individual maintenance of any infotype and PA40 is specifc to Personnel Actions. Your BDC on PA30 or PA40 will depend on what your requirement is..

2.HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION is for one infotype at a time;

HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA - mutiple infotypes can be maintined; Has the advantage of the NO_EXISTENCE_CHECK parameter;

I have nothing else to add to what already stated in your other post.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you very much for your reply, i'm badly in need of that,Suresh it would be great if u can elaborate the last sentence in the first point in ur post

"<b>Your BDC on PA30 or PA40 will depend on what your requirement is..</b>"

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use PA40 if you want to perform any Actions ie hire,fire,retire,position change etc;

Use PA30 if you want to maintain a specific infotype ex 0006,0014,0015 etc..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

so now can i assume that bdc on PA40 should be done only to perform personnel actions? I know that when we perform a personnel action we can also create info records for a set of infotypes(for all the infotypes in infogroups).

Now that we can also perform a personnel action using HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA and after that we can use any one of the fm's HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION/HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA to create records in any of the infotypes.

Which approach is better to follow and reasons for the same?