cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create customer with reference to customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the user creates customer master (XD01) with reference to another customer master then system should not copy some of the fields. How can I restrict this in SAP. Is there any Copy control functionality for customer master to customer master?

Regards,

Soumen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is--> in General data there are few fields which I dont want to be copied. I want to do changes in copy function in such a way that certain fields should not be copied while creating new customer with reference to customer.

Regards,

Soumen

Edited by: Soumen Pahari on Jun 24, 2009 5:15 PM

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as i know in Standard SAP system, when we are copying or even creating a Customer

Master Recording in XD01 with reference to a customer, in case of the basic data i.e. General Data, the

datas that are copied are

1. Country.

Under Company Code data, the following are copied,

1. Reconcilation Account.

Under Sales Area Data the following are copied,

1. Currency.

2. Shipping condition.

3. Account assignment group.

4. Taxes.

Regarding your question, you can change the data and there is no concept of copying control here.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

There are no copy controls for customer master creation. Maybe you should find out if any user exit is available during the creation process and make use of it.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the XD01, if you create the customer with referencing the other customer then only general data will be copied to the newly created customer and other data like sales area and company code can be maintained.

Even the general data can be change in the change mode

regards,

santosh