cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull data from Buisness one into a VB/ dot net application?

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

What APIs need to be used or what is the procedure to pull data from B1 into a dotnet or vb application?

(I posted this in the wrong forum so am repeating it here.)

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

If you only need to pull data from B1 and you won't be updating B1 data, then a standard .NET ADO connection and DataReader would be best (better performance and scalability). All you need to know then is which B1 tables hold the data you need and you can use the B1 Query Generator to familiarise yourself which the tables (or there is a database help file that should be installed as part of the SDK).

If you are going to be updating any data in B1, then you MUST use the DI API as SAP will not support any other method (and will remove support for any site found to be updating B1 data incorrectly). Also, if your application needs to enforce B1 security then the DI API would be a better choice. Help files and samples for the DI API can be found on the SDK installation.

Hope this helps,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Baskar,

U can take data from SAP <b>using DI-API</b> of SAP sdk which contains several business Objects to access data from the different modules like Administration,Sales A/R...

Refer SAP busines-One SDK help and go through DI-APi help file,U can get a idea of taking data from SAP Business-One.

Regards

Sooriyakala

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you pl provide me with some steps and links?

I am pretty new to Business One.

Thanks,

Bhaskar