cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using sapccmsr or sapccm4x agent for monitoring systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

after searching in the SAPNet,different documentations, and so on I am not really sure what the difference is between sapccmsr and sapccm4x.

From my point of view sapccmsr agent supports all possible system configurations like Stand-Alone ABAP,

ABAP+Java, and Java only systems.

Sapccm4x is only for ABAP only systems.

Who can explain me how to use the different agents and what dependencies they have according the SAP-Release, system configuration ... ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

> From my point of view sapccmsr agent supports all possible system configurations like Stand-Alone ABAP,

> ABAP+Java, and Java only systems.

no. sapccmsr is not able to monitor an ABAP instance. It is able to to monitor simply the operating system, Java instances (using -j2ee option). Using plugins it is also able to monitor some other SAP applications, e.g. TREX.

> Sapccm4x is only for ABAP only systems.

correct.

> Who can explain me how to use the different agents

Sounds curious, but the [Online Documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/77/d9ba3b3bf00152e10000000a114084/frameset.htm] could be worth a look

> and what dependencies they have according the SAP-Release, system configuration ... ?

The current CCMS agent and kernel patch notes (e.g. [note 1125977|http://service.sap.com/sap/service/notes/1125977] for the patches 2008) describe at the beginning which agent to use.

regards, Michael

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

SAPCCMSR is for remote monitoring. Like if you have distributed system i.e separate Database server, then you will need SAPCCMSR for getting OS data from database., ie, what you get from ST06/OS06 for your SAP application server, you can get that for database (standalone) also from tcode OS07.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through SAP note 209834 that will give you some brief idea...

hope it will help..

Thanks

Sunny