cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms and conditions page in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem while printing terms and conditions in smartforms. I need to print terms and conditions on reverse side of page(Duplex printing) and i am able to do that. here is my scenario.

I have 3 pages FIRST, NEXT and T_C1.

Next page for FIRST is T_C1, next page for T_C1 is NEXT.

I am calling the T_C1 page in main window of FIRST using command GOTO page.

Now when my main window has data of only 2 line items( which can be printed in first page), it prints the first page and goes to T_C1 page and again comes back to NEXT page as we gave next page for T_C1 as NEXT. But my main window has no data to print in this NEXT page so it comes blank( secondary windows are printing ).

Can someone let me know how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

I have created a new page and a main window and in main window a text element. In main window of first page i have created a command line to go to new page. My new page is appearing at last but the text is not appearing on page. When i created 2 new secondary window their text is printing but main window text is not printing.

Kindly help me.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Message was edited by: Florian Henninger Please open an own discussion. This here is locked now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u Describe/Count the no of lines in your Internal table into a variable say gv_no_lines. Now define a variable COUNTER (say gv_counter) and increase the value of the counter in the LOOP. Once ur command in Main window reached in First page, Print the T_C1 page, now after printing the T&C page just check the value of Counter (gv_counter) & No. of lines in internal table (gv_no_lines). Now you write another COMMAND in T_C1 page like below:

IF gv_counter NE gv_no_lines.

call COMMAND 'Go to New page (next page as 'NEXT').

ENDIF.

Also, remove ur NEXT page for T_C1 past as 'NEXT'...

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishnu,

T_C1 page will not have any main window as the text will be constant and so i dont think we can use command in T_C1 page.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the end of your main window you have to put a command line.

In the command line you can say go to new page (and which page to go to)

On this way there will always be print a T&C page after the end of the form.

The other T&C pages between the other pages are going automatically.

Any questions. just ask.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

But for me the T&C page is printing fine . I have given the goto command in main window and is working fine. But my problem is when the data is sufficient in first page , i am getting NEXT page also in my output in addition to T&C page. As i have given next page for T&C page as NEXT i guess this is printing even if there is no data in main window. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

that goto command MUST be the LAST command in the MAIN

If there is anything behind it a new page will be print. You can also put that part in a map with condition after end of main to be sure it is printed as last part.

And check part below.

PAGE folllowing page

FIRST T&C

T&C NEXT

NEXT T&C

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am a bit confused. If you are giving T&C page as next page for FIRST page then why trigger it with command.

My logic says give the next pages as follows:

FIRST for FIRST

T&C for T&C

NEXT for NEXT.

In your main window logic you can trigger new page with next page name using command as required.

In your condition since you are truggering NEXT page it is coming even if the MAIN window is having no data.

Regards

Vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you want the page order as

FIRST--> T&C --> NEXT --> T&C --> NEXT --> T&C etc.

The last page always has to be a T&C.

Let me know fithis is what you want.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Yes.. I need the page sequence as you mentioned.But as i said its Duplex printing and the terms and conditions might be upto 2 pages and the line items may extend to any number of pages. So as of now the problem i am facing is FIRST page is printing fine and following that T_C1 page is also printing, but the NEXT page is also printing(secondary windows are printing) even if there are no line items to be printed in that.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So lets be clear.

your page sequence has to be as follows

PAGE folllowing page

FIRST T&C

T&C NEXT

NEXT T&C

In this case it is sure if you do nothing extra in case of enough items that betrween each page is a T&C page.

However if you do nothing extra there will be no T&C page after the last page (as well after first (in case of 1 page, as well after (last)NEXT in case of more pages)

Solution. We will have to create that after the main an extra page (T&C) will be printed.

How to do: I think the only thing you have to do is. On both windows (FIRST and NEXT) you have to add at the very end a new window. In this window you check the option AFTER END OF MAIN WINDOW.

In this window you add a command line with new page (T&C).

Delete the command line you haveadded before in the main.

I think this will help.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

The window T_C is a secondary window and we cannot use command in a secondary window.

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have never worked with it. But change that secundary window to final window. There it is allowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even final window doesnt allow command in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very strange. I tested at a sysem here and smartform did allow it.

To morrow i will take some time to work it out. I hope youy have time unitll then.

Gr.,Frank