cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated COST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello consultants.

I have a query and i am wondering if some assistance could be provided in this regard. In TRIP on creating the Travel Request there is a field of "Estimated COST" On making an entry in it and saving the request i get an error

" MISSING ENTRY IN T706K"

OK now with respect to the Estimated cost I have made the following setup

1: An expense type for estimated cost and have made it

."Estimated cost, No Reimbursement to employee"

2 I have created a wage type for "estimated cost" and created a symbolic account for " estimated cost"

3 assigned the wagetype to expense type i.e. "Estimated costs"

now on making an entry to it in travel request i get the error "Entry missing in T706K ".

I that how this table is related to HRP and HRT.

Do I have to make an entry of Estimated cost in "Trip costs postings, expense accounts HRT " ?

secondly in table T706 K

I have wage types and for each wage type there is a symbolic expense account which is hitting an expense account defined in HRT. then there is symbolic account offset entry where i have defined the symbolic account for the vendor, reading from table HRP, if exists against the expense, I have second symbolic offset account which is empty.

now my query is what do I do so that i make the entry of estimated cost and how do i offset it against all the expenses. ...

if i have to enter the wage type of estimated cost would be the symbolic account settings?

or i should enter the symbolic account of estimated cost against each wage type?

in both the cases what would be the sequence i.e. where the estimated enter should come where would the expense entry would come and then the vendor enter, if exists.

your responses would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved and I was right have to enter GL to create pre committments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since Estimated cost will not be posted to FI you don't have to maintain Symbolic account for wage type. Just create Expense type for estimated cost with amont type "Estimated cost, No Reimbursement to employee". then create a Wage type and assign that wage type to this expense type. It should work with these settings.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok but will the committment item be booked and will it be knocked off once the expenses are entered into expense sheet.?

If commitment items are gonna be booked then how will they be booked for a commitment item we need a GL and i cannot connect the GL to Wagetype without Symbolic account?

can you please elaborate it....

Edited by: waqas anwar on Jun 25, 2009 10:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hye shila this doesnt work

I removed the symbolic account and assigned a simple wage type to the expense type with character as "no reimbuse to employee"

still gives me error

. No entry in T706K

Message no. 56010

Diagnosis

The following entry is missing in T706K:

99/3911/_/20081101

Procedure

1. Please check to see if the entry is correct.

2. Maintain view T706K.

If necessary, please inform systems administration so that the entry is made in the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok try doing this. Not sure if it workes,

Assign a wage type which you have created for any other expense type like Accomadation,Transportation etc to your estimated cost expense type. Check if it workes.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hye shilpa sorry for late reply

this doest work either

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one please help me solving this issue

I have fund managemtn activated in the sytem as well .

in order to create commitment i need to have a GL ? if yes then what setting should i make in order to crate estimated cost adn settle themwhen creating EXPENSE SHEETS

Edited by: waqas anwar on Jul 6, 2009 11:15 AM