cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with homogeneous system copy to ms sql server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to do homogeneous system copy from ms sql 2000 to ms sql 2005. I was generally guided by 799058 note, section "III HOMOGENEOUS SYSTEM COPY TO MS SQL SERVER 2005", but I have a problem with point 9, which refers to launching SAP tools for MS SQL Server. Problem is that after Defining Parameters (2nd step), saptools can't connect to database (ms sql 2005). Steps after launching sapinst.exe:

1. Step 1 (Choose Option). I'm choosing "Database Copy".

2. Step 2 (Define Parameters). I'm filling in properly "Profile Directory", "Windows Domain" and "Password for ' SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

App host, and db host are on different servers. First I thought that there is something wrong with user's credentials but I can connect to db from app host with SQL Management Studio using this user.

Does anybody know why such thing happen?

Edited by: Jaroslaw Przepióra on Jun 24, 2009 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

everything correct in the default profile?

SAPDBHOST = <Server>

dbms/type = mss

dbs/mss/server = <Server>

dbs/mss/dbname = <SID>

dbs/mss/schema = <sid>

SAPSYSTEMNAME = <SID>

SAPGLOBALHOST = <Server>

Have you set the necessary environment variables?

DBMS_TYPE

MSSQL_DBNAME

MSSQL_SCHEMA

MSSQL_SERVER

Check [Note 98678|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/98678] for additional information.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thanks for sending link to this note. There was a problem with dbs/mss/server parameter. I have to set it like this:

dbs/mss/server = <server_name>\<SID>

and it helped.

Well... it helped to go only one step further because after it I have another FAIL - database collation, but I can handle this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have faced similar type of problems when using STM tool for system copy . We tried manual process as per note 551915 .

Go through the Note 551915 and it describes manual process instead of STM tool .

Edit the script by replacing your SID and all . run it in Query analyzer. There might be few errors. You can ignore it .

Your system will be started after running this script .

Regards,

Nibu