cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2005 Collation New Install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm desperately trying to install SQL Server 2005 (64 bit) on a new system in preparation for a Portal install but I can't set the collation correctly. According to the Install Guide, you choose, "SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN", then after the install is finished, you exectue program instcoll.exe to change to, "BIN2". However, Instcoll comes back with an error, "This program only works for SQL 200". I'm sure someone has run into this issue before; please help me to figure out how to change the collation to BIN2. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you use the script "SQL4SAP.vbs" in the root directory of the CD/DVD which does all those settings for you?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not aware of the script but after uninstalling SQL and running the script, its working. That's exactly what I needed, thank you!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I was not aware of the script but after uninstalling SQL and running the script, its working. That's exactly what I needed, thank you!

so I HIGHLY suggest you to read the installation guide.

It's not a good idea to "guess" what you need to do by searching for "exe" programs. There are other things you need to configure on the operating system which are mentioned in the guide, as well as fixes that need to be installed, possible problems etc.

Markus

Answers (0)