cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification related to Product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have configured new material group in R3 and transferred that Material group to EBP.Later I have configured the product catgory and GL account setting in SRM.system has generated a request for this change.

we have transported the request genrated in R3 to PRD.But i need to clarifiy with SAP experts if i move the request genrated in SRM to SRM(PRD).Can i use the Product category in SC.Will i get the GL account assigned to product category while shopping?

kindly guide me in this.

regards

subbramanyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The product category must be replicated from the back-end system first. The previous post is correct the GUID used in the COMM_CATEGORY table is system specific. Also, this is important to know when you want to refresh your SRM QA system from SRM PRD. There are OSS notes regarding that as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Dean.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It won't work unless you transport the prodt category as well to SRM PRD from your development system. This is because of guid mismatch. You can transport prodt. categories using report 'comm_category_transport'. Check for relevant oss notes surrounding prodt. category transport.

Regards,

Sanjeev