cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger GP email template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created 2 Callable Objects(Requester and Approver)and using those two have created a GP process.

Now i need to trigger a GP email template so that when requester clicks on Submit button and the request is with Approver, mail ( which is written in GP email template) is sent to the approver.

I am using send mail code on click on Submit button in WD Requester Callabel Object.However not sure how to trigger mail template.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Richa Sinha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Richa,

You can use standard callable object for email. You cn use Send and Email in Background with attachment and can define the templte for this callable object

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply.I tried using standard callable object "Send and Email in Background with attachment" and in notification tab for the action with approver CO added the Mail callable object. However unable to achieve the requirement.

Can you please help me out with good links for the same or elaborate how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance,

Richa Sinha

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things are pre-requisite for sending the mails.

1) smtp.server should be configured

2) smtp.service_user_mail should be mentioned

You can configure the above settings in the Visual Admin-> caf/eu/gp/model

Also you need to create email templtes in Maintain E-Mail Templates section.

Creating CO is very straight forward. Use wizard to create the CO.

In set configuration section, specify the email template to be used. also specify the reciever where the mail should be sent.

If everything is configured successfully you can successfully send a mail.

Click [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0f/619fd378a641b29386063019c24fc4/content.htm] for more detail about predefined callable objects:

Abhinav

Edited by: Abhinav Sharma on Jun 25, 2009 9:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one query.Can we send different emails(based on certain parameters) using different email templates.

I checked "Visual Approval" CO where we can use 2 email templates and send different mails in case of approval or rejection.However,in our process we are required to send 6 emails.Can this be achieved?

Regards,

Richa Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richa,

You can send 2 emails based on the Result State of the Approver Action .....you can set the 2 actions based on whether it was Approved or Rejected....

Regards,

Shikhil

Answers (0)