cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canel rebate agreement and reverse all changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created his post, because I need an advice about rebate agreements in SD.

I have following situation:

+ Rebate agreement was created in the past

+ Fiscal year ends and customer wants to cancel rebate (clear accruals)

There are several documents (invoices) created during the validity period of the rebate agreement.

Accruals were updated correctly, but customer wants to clear them. They do not want to pay the money back with credit memo, because they already did it other way. Lets assume they just want to cancel agreement and update all documents.

My question is following: how do I clear all documents and accruals?

I know that VBOF can be used, but in that transaction I need agreement number. If I delete agreement with VBO2 I will not have that number.

Another option I see is to delete all conditions for agreement (via VBO2) and then use VBOF to update all documents. If I deleted conditions (not the agreement), then I think system should remove them from billing documents and update accruals.

What do you think?

regards

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

If you do not want to pay the accrual & reverse the same in rebate & billing document.

Change the validity date ( valid to) to the date from when you don't want to pay accrual.

Program SDBONT06 can be execute for the rebate agreement with the validity dates mentioned in the agreement. It will update the billing document , deletes the rebate conditions from the document & updates the accrual accordingly in the agreement. In this case new accounting document will be created to clear the rebate condition value.

I hope this information will help.

Best regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so this is basically the way I thought, though my solution was to remove all conditions from the rebate agreement and then start VBOF.

In you repy you write "Change the validity date" , but they don;t want to use this agreement at all (means that even not single day).

any other ideas ?

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is the approach I would take:

1, Raise a stand alone debit memo on the customer account for the value of the crdit note already issued

2, Raise a 'final settelement' rebate credit note against the accruals for the same value

3, Clear the rebate credit against the debit note

4, Close the rebate agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I check this.

Thanks for your help

regards

Rafal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does your customer want to clear the accruals? Is he going to deduct the value of the accruals from an incoming payment? Or does he want all of the rebate agreement, including all money owed to him, to be deleted so that he never received the money owed to him?

If it is the first scenario I would suggets that you will need to issue a 'final settlement' credit note from eth rebate agreement anyway, even if you do not send it to the customer, and use it to help clear the balance from the account.

If it is the second scenario it will be much more complex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The case is that he created credit memo without any reference and already paid rebates to their customers in return for fulfilling certain requirements. It was done without using rebate settlement (no reference).

This causes following problem: system expects that some other credit memo will be created. It cannot be created, because in this case their customers receive too much money (doubled), so they want to clear accurals. In other words: rebate process was never (or incorrectly) used.

What will be in your opinion the best approach to clear the situation ?

regards

Rafal