cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle required for 32-bit Redhat Linux 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

can anyone tell me from where i will download Oracle 10g for Redhat Linux on X86, means for 32-bit because i wana install SAP on Linux. Already i had downloaded Oracle 10.0.2 for 64-bit linux from service.sap.com but there is no oracle for 32-bit Linux.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear UsmanUppal,

are you installing Unicode?

Unicode for Linux on 32-bit is not longer available, due to memory restrictions (e.g. ~2GB per process is really not enough to run SAP).

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for reply,

So thats mean we can't install SAP on 32-bit Linux due to unavailabilty of oracle.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New installation shouldn't be done any more on 32bit due to the limitations of that platform.

If you plan to connect e. g. a portal you must install a Unicode system which is no more available on 32bit.

Oracle is available for 32bit Linux (DVD number 51031674) but you may have a hard time with memory configurations (database and SAP system).

If your server is not too old (produced in the last two years) you have a good chance, that you can install and use 64bit.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Markus i have downloade the DVD and continue the installation but Now i need UC Kernel NW 2004 SR2 for Linux_I386, So kindly Help me.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usman,

please read the thread again.

Unicode on 32bit is not available

Markus