cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0278E Access denied - Redolog backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been trying to take a redolog backup from DB13 and I am getting the below error

BR0278E Command output of 'E: && cd E:\oracle\QAS\102\database && E:\usr\sap\QAS\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\brtools.exe -f copyfile
12.6.2.0\Backup\hostname\QAS initQAS.ora spfil

Access is denied.

BR0280I BRARCHIVE time stamp: 2009-06-24 11.36.34

BR0279E Return code from 'E: && cd E:\oracle\QAS\102\database && E:\usr\sap\QAS\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\brtools.exe -f copyfile
12.6.2.0\Backup\hostname\QAS initQAS.ora spfile

In my findings I udnerstood that it may be a hardware inconsistency from the note 17163.

BR0278E Command output of '%s': %s

BR0278E Kommando-Ausgabe von '%s': %s

Explanation: The error messages of this command are displayed. In most cases they are messages from the cpio or mt commands. The following are examples:

Sample messages:

Message/Explanation

[cpio:]cannot read...

[cpio:]read error...

[cpio:]can't read input...

[cpio:]I/O Error...

[cpio:]read failed:I/O Error.

The file to be backed up cannot be read. In most cases, this is due to hardware problems on the disk on which the file is stored.

But if i take the archievlog backup using brtools in command prompt level and its working fine and also its getting completed succefully.

I am not sure about the root cause of this problem.Anyone have idea on this please do suggest me.

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is a problem with permissions.

To verify, try to run brarchive from command prompt as user <sid>adm. (PS: I just read: you did.)

If this works, make sure user SAPService<SID> has the same permissions on shares and files.

regards

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Jun 24, 2009 12:35 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed to check the permission correctly in the target disk. Thanks for pointing me.

I have added the administrator rights and its worked for me

Vijay