cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta from file to ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I wanted to consult you regarding loading data from a file to an ODS. The update mode i indicated in the transfer is New status for Changed records.

I would like to implement the delta functionality and i am trying to figure out what's the better way to do it.

I know that a full upload will help me to accomplish that (correct me if i am wrong).

I know that i can indicate the update in the infopackage as delta init, however i do not find a way to create other infopackage with update =Delta Update. Is this a feature that applies only to SAP R3 extractors? If not how to use it in a file load scenario?

Many thanks,

Xibi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xibi,

Using a flat file, the InfoPackage will not provide you with the option for delta. This feature applies to SAP datsources from R/3, CRM, and also generic delta datasources, but not for flat file loads. With flat files we usually just perform full loads.

Hope this helps...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

xibi xibi

Delta option for falt files is supports only for flexible update for other loads you have to do full upload.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Xibi,

As you are working with a file, the delta you will manage it with your file creation. so a full update will work. as you said you are using the update mode New statos for Changed records, if this is the way the file works (that is you are transferring the actual state of the record), you should use in the update rules the overwrite update type.

Hope it helps. any question, just ask.

Regards,

Diego Lombardini