cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender: Return Error Message to client program.

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SOAP sender to RFC scenario. SOAP sender is published as webservice. This is synchronous interface. When client program sends SOAP request to this webservice, it triggers the interface and executes the mapping. During Mapping, I need to check few conditions, If those conditions are satisfied then only I have to make successful mapping. After mapping, data are transferred to RFC receiver adapter which executes a RFC in R3 and sends response back to XI and the same response is sent to client program.

Now the problem is, in mapping time, if those conditions are not satisfied, I have to send error response to client program without calling to RFC adapter.

Any suggestion how to achieve this functionality ie. without calling RFC receiver adapter, send error response back to client program.

Thanks,

Sandeep Maurya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

this is a interesting challenge.

I think you would need in any case at least a reflector. Please take in consideration, that a routing will be executed BEFORE the mapping.

One possibility would be to put a condition on the Interface Determination, where you store that conditions. In case of "error" you route to another Inbound Interface, that could be a inbound proxy, where you just give back a dummy parameter. Receiver would be the same SAP system. If proxy are not possible, you could take a dummy Z function module. You create your exception message inside the response mapping.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (0)