Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile deleteled in CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I ran a report "pfcg_time_dependency" in CUA system by mistake.

While checking changes by me in CUA system in SUIM report, I found that two profiles deleted for around 3000 users.

What is the impact of running this report in CUA because so many users profile deleted.

How to rectify this problem..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that its not a mistake in running "PFCG_Time_Dependency". Every system at least Production systems should run this report periodically every day to update the User Master Records of the user. As discussed already this deletion were done for those expired roles and profiles against which no roles were assigned to users. Hence you should not worry. Its a very important report and we can also run PFUD for the same (at a particular time when there are little number of users in the system). Please let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't worry.. no problem will occure for it.. pfcg_time_dependency will remove profiles of the expired roles and the profiles( except SAP standard profile) from the users where there were no roles to the users against that profile...

Also that changes will be occured for only the users who have access in CUA... there will not be any change in access for the users of Child system.

Regards,

Sandip.

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that its not a mistake in running "PFCG_Time_Dependency". Every system at least Production systems should run this report periodically every day to update the User Master Records of the user. As discussed already this deletion were done for those expired roles and profiles against which no roles were assigned to users. Hence you should not worry. Its a very important report and we can also run PFUD for the same (at a particular time when there are little number of users in the system). Please let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First find out the number users got effected this with following steps.

1. Go to SCUL in CUA --> put your name in changed by and time period. Then execute it. For better way to find users is select check box of successful and deselsct errors and warnings.

You will get list of user and pull it in to Excel sheet.

2. Go to SUIM in CUA --> choose option Change documents for users --> paste the list of users and execute it. It will give the list users with deleted profiles. Take it in to excel sheet.

3. We have get the roles of profiles listed in above excel sheet.

4. take backup of excel sheet, then delete repeated profile names --> go to SE16 --> AGR_PROF --> enter --> paste the profile names and excute. By using vlookup command in excel adjust the roles with profile names in step2.

5. Here you have to finalize the better way to re-add the roles. a) if roles are very less you can use SU10. b) id no of roles are more you have create script in SECATT.

Regards,

Renu

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion for PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY has been carried out in the following thread. have a look on the discussion.. may be helpful to you..

[profiles|]

Regards,

Dipanjan