Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Se have a dual stack Netweaver BW 7 system

In Visual Administrator tool,

Visual Admin>Server0> Services --> Security Provider >Runtime>

Policy Configurations--> Security Roles

There are no Roles.

Ideally there should be few standard Roles there, like Keystoreadministrator, guest, administrator, etc. But they are all absent.

Kindly assist us getting these standard roles back in the system.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue was not resolved. We re-installed Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the note

Note 1246494 - J2EE installation incomplete, timed out services

Actually the engine itself is installed and is up and running, but the services described above are not available. So, if you try to select the Key Storage service in the Visual Administrator, it displays an error message saying "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" and there are no views. The defaultTrace.X.trc files contain entries such as "Role KeystoreAdministrator is missing". The problem is that a deadlock occurs when the services are starting. The problematic monitor is for the UserStoreFactoryImpl class and it causes the keystore service and the jms service to time out. The deadlock appears because some code from this class was refactored and put into a synchronized method which is called by a non-synchronized code.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately the PDF link above doesn't say anything about missing Security Roles and

@Ravi Kumar, the system has been installed for a while now, its not a new/incomplete installation. Also, the problem is not just with Keystoreadministrator Roles. All default Security Roles are missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

Please confirm if you are looking in the SAP-J2EE component.

Regards,

Pavan

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Pavan, I am.

I am afraid I see no option but to re-install Java instance again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the PDF page 60 if it can help you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ac6de690-0201-0010-54ac-8923089d...

Thanks

Rishi Abrol