cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks!

I get the strange error message "Web Dynpro Generation: java.lang.Exception: Problem running compiled template used for generating " from my project. I see that in one of the automatic created files the class for a view can not be resolved. Rebuilding and Repairing the project didn´t help.

What can I do ?

Any help welcome.

Bye Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls..Ignore this post..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

try to delete the content under Folder gen_wdp which you can see in Navigator tab.

Try then refresh and reload.

If this not help. Generate a new Web Dynpro and compare the structure of the Used DC.

Found in the Tab Web Dynpro Explorer DC MetaData->DC Definition

I hope this helps

regards

Gunter

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Please refer to this thread. Its a kind of known issue:

Also if the above answer didnt help then just check that whether you have a context mappings in the component controller on model nodes? If yes, then try deleting these mappings and map them afresh.

I hope this should solve your issues!

Thanks and Regard,

Pravesh

Edited by: Pravesh Verma on Jun 24, 2009 5:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the below options if you have not already tried:

Change the workspace:

Right click on NWDS shortcut on desktop and in shortcut tab

in target input:

For example already you have like this

D:\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe"

then at the end add

-data "C:\NewWorkspace"

(Or)

Take the backup of .metadata folder, then delete that from your workspace.

If you delete the .metadata file - It will no do any harm to your existing projects in your workspace.

But in both the abouve cases you need to import them into the NWDS again.

If there is any issue you delete the new .metadata and place the old backup .metadata.

(Or)

If same NWDS Version is installed in another machine try to replace the plugins from that machine to your machine.

(Or)

After doing repair classpath there is a chance of reference of JRE lib missing in classpath of the project. So check JRE lib is added in the class path.

Regards,

Charan