cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set new Output type for new report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a Z freight cost statement report that will be sent to carrier. This report will be automatically fax/print depending on the carrier.

Is that possible to create a new output type in configuration and tie it to the new report? But, I am not

sure how to do it. I had created a new output type (ZAAA) in SPRO SD > Basic Functions > Output Determination > Output determination using the condition technique > Maintain Output Determination for Billing Doc > Maintain Output Type , but what next?

Or can I create a smartforms instead of report and tie the smartforms to the new output type? will that easier?

I would like to have some advice on to do this.

THanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed this thread because the question is confusing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Iseum,

It is not possible to send the report using the OUTPUT DETERMINATION

instead you can create a new smartform and add the to the output determination.

To send the Frieght cost details for carrier you can maintain the condition records for delivery where you will maintain the freight cost.

You can do all your config at NACE transaction code.

hope it is clear,

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created a print program ZCALL_SMARTFORM, smartforms ZSMARTFORMS_TRAINING2 and a new output type in NACE.

T-code: NACE

Output Type: ZFCO

Application: V2

Medium: 1

Short text: Print Output

Program: ZCALL_SMARTFORM

Smartform: ZSMARTFORMS_TRAINING2

Medium: 2

Short text: Fax

Medium: 5

Short text: External send

But when I run the ZCALL_SMARTFORM program, it didnt prompt me the fax, email and print. How can I control that smartforms can be printed, emailed or fax?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lee,

is the output type assigned to any transaction?

After creation of output type which i suppose u have done ok, the output procedure needs to be maintianed for it,

this is done through img-sd-basic fns- output control - output det- output det using cond technique. Now it will depend on whether this is related to sales act, order or billing that u need to select.

this output is assigned to partner fn and determination procedure.

can u elaborate on the transaction after which u want this smartform to be generated (send). i think it is delivery or shipment. but u pl confirm.

rgs,

ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day.

AK: is the output type assigned to any transaction?

I created a transaction code to run the report but how do I assign the output type to the transaction?

I had created the output type. But I still do not knw how to tie the carrier to the output communication so that when I run the report (smartforms) it will send/fax/print to the specific carrier.

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I donot believe if report can be sent as an o/p type. Rather, you can write a customized ABAP report & you can convert that into text or excel format using smart forms.

In the selcetion screen for the report you can give a field, a radio button, which will ask if the customer requires a print. In the report code, you can code in such a way that is the customer selects the print radio button, the report is converted into text / excel format & prints at the default printer assigned to the customer / carrier.

It doesnot sound logical to trigger report in an O/p type.

Regards,

Sivanand.