cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/PROMOTION_REPORTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Has anybosy used this report /SAPAPO/PROMOTION_REPORTING in SCM 5.1.

I tried to use the Promotion reporting tool in SCM 5.1, but is there a separate report which only gives a list of promotions? The only way to see individual promotions through Promotion reporting tool, is if I have used Promotion Base while creating a promotion. Is there any other way to get a report of all the promotions and their values and characteristic assignments? Any table where these values are stored?

regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

0 Kudos

I'm trying to use transactions /SAPAPO/MP41A and MP41B to generate promotions reportings and I want to see only the materials with promotions and also its attributes.

However, I select the related flags in the transactions, run the report, but it shows also materials without promotions and never shows the attribute of the promotions.

Can anybody help??

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

You explore /SAPAPO/MP41A - Maintain Settings for Reporting.

These settings will be used as a base for /SAPAPO/MP41B - Promotion Reports .

If you require still detailed level values, then use BW or create custom ABAP reports.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Yes, you are right.

Please confirm whether all your queries are resolved.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

with your inputs, I have been able to setup a promotion report from the standard reporting structure in APo. The promotion base contains Account and product, and promotion characteristic is Product. now when i run the report, it shows the indivisual promotions, but does not display the values against the individual promotions. All it does, it shows the value at the total level, with a list of diff promotions for that product account combination. I want to see values against individual promotions in this report.

is it possible to do that? Please let me know.

regards,

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

with your inputs, I was able to create a report using Promotion reporting tool. I am using a promotion base with customer and product as characteristics. The validity is for a year. When I run the report, system displays the individual promotions, but does not display the value against those promotion. it still displays the numbers as total promotion for that particular product.

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Validity of a promotion base is not a system setting date, it is a business driven date. ie the End date-start date in the promotion base gives the validity of the promotion.

Once after the date is over or expirted, the entered key figure will not update the promotion values in the planning book.

Hope it is clear now. Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

it is clear now. I can have a promotion base which has a validity of one year, but I can create promotions using the same base with validity within the start and end dates of the promotion base. Is that correct?

regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

1) A promotion base forms the basis for a number of promotions. It specifies the characteristics that are to be used for planning promotions. Each promotion base is assigned a key figure.

Promotion base is normally maintained to use as a database for promotions for the future promotions. It has got impacts like this promotion base data will be registered in key figures which in turn will get updated to planning area/planning book/cube etc., So, it is always recommended to use promotion base as a reference base.

For reporting purposes, you can always create query/custom reports or to use existing std report as per your requirement.

2) Regarding your second query, it will not be a problem if you assign based on selection window. Selection id is basically for user specific dataview which is customised for our quick reference.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your feedback.

When we say that promotion base is used as a database, does it actually take up any space, or I understand it as a database for reference. Normally how long does one define the validity of a promotion base?

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Please make use of the following tables as base for creating your query.

/sapapo/promprod

/sapapo/prombase

/sapapo/promotion

I hope this will resolve your query. Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it mandatory to use a promotion base in promotion Planning?

If say i have made some promotions using a promotion base, and the new ones I do not use the promotion base, would that create any impact?

regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

I am unable to see any entries in the /SAPAPO/PROMPROD table. Actually I havent used the selection id for assigning the products. I am choosing the characteristics manually from the selection window based on the chars in the Promotion base and then assigning the objects to the promotion.

is that causing this problem?

Regards,

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

I am using with support level 5.

Did you try extracting field data from the cube in BW and check? Because, the promotion reporting tool is the only tool given by SAP as standard. For user specific custom requirements, we can use BW as reporting tool.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

I am trying to create a report whereby I can display the promotion name, product code, weeks , values in a single screen. Which are the table i would need to access for this query to be developed. I have used a promotion base consisting of product and customer. However the report I got through PROMOTION REPORTS in APO was not very user friendly.

Can you provide me some inputs on this?

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

I tried this report /SAPAPO/PROMOTION_REPORTING in SCM 5.1 and I am getting message "this program does not exist". I think this is removed in this version.

Can you try using transaction /SAPAPO/MP41B and let me know your feedback.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I tried using the Promotion reporting tool in APO. However I am not getting a very user friendly report. It shows promotion key figure with values in one line and the actual promotion in a separate line below. can we have both these details in the same line, like in the following format:

Product -Promotion Name--Values.

How do I get a list of all the promotions in the system along with the characteristic values they are assigned to?

What level of support pack are you on in SCM 5.1? Our system is on support pack level 8.

regards,

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

The various options you have for promotion reporting are

1) Use /SAPAPO/MP41B - Promotion Reports

2) Create custom report from planning book

3) Create report using data extraction from BW

4) Create custom query using sq01 transaction

5) Use the following tables to find relevant values for promotion reporting.

/sapapo/promtype

/sapapo/prombase

/sapapo/prombody

/sapapo/promcust

/sapapo/promhead

/sapapo/promkeyf

/sapapo/promlogd

/sapapo/promlogi

/sapapo/prompos

/sapapo/promprft

/sapapo/promprod

/sapapo/promprof

/sapapo/promselv

/sapapo/promsetd

/sapapo/promseth

/sapapo/promtion

Hope your query is resolved.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. The table names you have sent me will really help in pulling the relevant information.

What I want to know is that there I can execute a report /SAPAO/PROMOTION_REPORTING through se38 transaction, which lists down the details of all the promotions . When I ran this report, I had errors creating new promotions later. I had to run a promotion correction program later on.

with this background, I would like to know if the report /SAPAPO/PROMOTION_REPORTING is still active in SCM 5.1 and can be used.

regards,

Kedar