cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabbing in UI form elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a form that captures user inputs. The WD app is running fine. Couple of things that i don't understand is :

1. How do i make the app to tab to the next input field when the user presses the tab key. This does'nt see to be the satandard behavior.

2. Is there a different setup procedure for the SLD and Webdynpro runtime ( like JCO destination etc) in a productive system? Since we are not doing any development related activities in Q & Prod?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Renchy Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

Please refer to this document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/developi... web dynpro user interfaces.pdf

Thanks,

Raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj & Nagarajan.

1. Actually my local PC was activing stange when running the WD app from the NWDS. But once i deployed the app to another server, the tabbing is working fine.

2. In terms of the setup procedure, what i meant was - i am sure the development env would definitely have a different kind of setup, sply with the CIM in the SLD etc. But in the productive env, do we still need to import the CIM objects in the SLD etc?

cheers

Renchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to the others answers

1) Tab will work in normal way but if your View consits of lots of trays and complex ui elements its bit different mans it may some times go to intial ui element. but there is no code invloved.

2)once all the development work is done in dev you just need to transport to QA or Productions.

May be you can look at the features availble in JDI and explore.

hope this info helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renchy,

1) How do i make the app to tab to the next input field when the user presses the tab key. This does'nt see to be the satandard behavior.

<i>U don have an option of tabbing to next elements through code. But the tab works normally in different order. U can just hit tab till u reach the particular element.</i>

2) Is there a different setup procedure for the SLD and Webdynpro runtime ( like JCO destination etc) in a productive system? Since we are not doing any development related activities in Q & Prod?

<i>The SLD cofigurations are unique for different setups (jco destinations,SC, etc). It changes according to the needs.</i>

Regards,

Nagarajan.